Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2015 12:01:22 AM EDT
So just traded for a NIB 2014 SR-762. All looks well except for the BCG lockup in the upper when it is assembled. I'm used to the BCG "snapping" in with CH into the upper and staying pretty solid.

Well this BCG moves about an inch vertically, and if i tilt the assembled upper the BCG falls out at will....

Is this normal with .308 AR's? I've never experienced this on a 5.56

Here's a pic of the "lockup"

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It's normal for the SR-762.  The rear of the carrier is the same diameter as a 5.56mm BCG so the rifle can use a standard AR diameter buffer tube and stocks.  It's only loose like that when the upper and lower aren't together.  When they are closed, there is a shelf on the lower that aligns the rear of the carrier with the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure, but that looks like it may be a 5.56 bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's normal for the SR-762.  The rear of the carrier is the same diameter as a 5.56mm BCG so the rifle can use a standard AR diameter buffer tube and stocks.  It's only loose like that when the upper and lower aren't together.  When they are closed, there is a shelf on the lower that aligns the rear of the carrier with the buffer tube.
View Quote

you rock thank you!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine was the same way.  I also thought it was odd, but it worked fine.  Well, after I sent it back to the factory for the Gen3 PMAG feeding problem.  If you look at the lower, it has a shelf that holds the carrier up where it needs to be when the rifle is assembled.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Mine was the same way.  I also thought it was odd, but it worked fine.  Well, after I sent it back to the factory for the Gen3 PMAG feeding problem.  If you look at the lower, it has a shelf that holds the carrier up where it needs to be when the rifle is assembled.
View Quote

I just sent mine back for the gen 3 problem, did they replace your entire rifle?

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just sent mine back for the gen 3 problem, did they replace your entire rifle?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The paperwork stated they replaced the upper receiver and the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Normal and gtg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top