Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 10:41:42 PM EDT
Just got a Ruger Scout rifle and put my .308 can on it. It has a 1:10" twist....what's the best grain bullet to get for this twist rate?

Thanks

Chris
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally use Trail Boss to load a 150g Speer Grand Slam to ~1100 fps.

The Ruger GSR should be good for even the big 208 grain Hornady A-Max.

The heaviest I've personally shot from my GSR is a 200g Nosler Accubond at normal velocity, and they had very good accuracy.

If in doubt, shoot it without the can, look for keyholes, and then try it with the can when you're sure the bullet is stabilizing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Make damn sure you have that can on correctly. Only end cap strike I've ever had was my SDN6 on my GSR. Granted I just beat it back down with a hammer but still had to do some work so it wouldn't happen again. Check, then check again. My GSR is spectacular with 150s. 168/175s give horrible accuracy both super and subsonic. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make damn sure you have that can on correctly. Only end cap strike I've ever had was my SDN6 on my GSR. Granted I just beat it back down with a hammer but still had to do some work so it wouldn't happen again. Check, then check again. My GSR is spectacular with 150s. 168/175s give horrible accuracy both super and subsonic. Best of luck.
View Quote

As per usual story; mine shoots the heavies just as good as the 150's. Barrels are such strange creatures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top