Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 11:47:25 PM EDT
I did not see this posted.  Ruger GSR now has a composite stock model.

Ruger GSR Black Composite
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Still no word whether the stock will be available separately or not.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The bigger news is a stainless barrel in 16 inch configuration.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still no word whether the stock will be available separately or not.
View Quote

I dont know what Ruger will do but the first one of these released to the public was just a stock not a complete rifle so there is hope!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I should've seen that coming, because I just bought my standard GSR a month ago
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I should've seen that coming, because I just bought my standard GSR a month ago
View Quote

Never fails and you are not alone. I've had mine for a few years but I just talked a buddy into pulling the trigger on one in August, now he's probably going to beat me with his heavy laminate stock after he removes it
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It's about damned time.

Now if I can just get Tech-Sights to make a replacement rear sight, Magpul to make AIC pattern PMAGs, or Wolff to make replacement polymer magazine springs, I could die happy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to say I like laminate stocks.  If made right they are more weatherproof than wood.  Composite is cool though
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want to say I like laminate stocks.  If made right they are more weatherproof than wood.  Composite is cool though
View Quote

I think the laminate stock on my GSR is gorgeous.  For me, its strictly a function of weight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think the laminate stock on my GSR is gorgeous.  For me, its strictly a function of weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this

I don't really see the composite being any more durable or rigid than the laminate... the laminate is drop dead sexy, the composite is functional and lightweight. I'm a function over form guy, so the composite is right up my alley, but I don't think there's a better looking gunstock material out there than gray laminate and the GSR's is a great example.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Id rather see the laminate stock available with a full length of pulll option. I hate having all three of the inserts in at once to get a good LOP; it looks funny to me.im tall and lanky so I'd buy that stock option for a replacement.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I just wish they would do it with an 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just wish they would do it with an 18" barrel.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
It's free floated and decently lighter, both superior to the original model. Sure hope they sell the stock alone, or maybe roll out more novel calibers like .260 or 7mm-08.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's about damned time.

Now if I can just get Tech-Sights to make a replacement rear sight, Magpul to make AIC pattern PMAGs, or Wolff to make replacement polymer magazine springs, I could die happy.
View Quote
I could go for some tech sights to replace the rear.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, shits looking up.

Only one more on the list.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like the Alpha Industries GSR magazines above all others so far.  Rock solid steel construction, compact like the polymer 10 round mags, it can't accidently fall out from bumping the mag release, it retains the ease of reloading and it feeds rellably.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really like the Alpha Industries GSR magazines above all others so far.  Rock solid steel construction, compact like the polymer 10 round mags, it can't accidently fall out from bumping the mag release, it retains the ease of reloading and it feeds rellably.
View Quote

They didn't work in my GSR. Had to send them back.

Very solid, but they said there was something about newer GSRs that they wouldn't work. I've been very happy with the Ruger polymer mags, though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very solid, but they said there was something about newer GSRs that they wouldn't work. I've been very happy with the Ruger polymer mags, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might I ask what problems you were having exactly?  Loading?  Feeding?  Extracting?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:19:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Now if it was only offered in 358 win...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top