Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2014 2:48:52 PM EDT
I have a blued Mini 14 186 series and an original GB flash suppressor in stainless. I want to blacken it to match my mini . Who knows of  an easy way to do this? Should I just send it out to have it done and if so to whom?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, you cant blue stainless steal..  I personally would use Brownells Aluma hyde.  Or you can have a black oxide job done on it.. um.. powder coat?  Anodize maybe..  just off top of my head.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, you cant blue stainless steal..  I personally would use Brownells Aluma hyde.  Or you can have a black oxide job done on it.. um.. powder coat?  Anodize maybe..  just off top of my head.
View Quote

Caswell has several stainless blackening solutions, liquids and gels. Look here:Caswell Plating SS Blackening Options

Brownells Oxpho Blue will darken some stainless alloys. The base metal needs to be heated before the solution is applied. Look here: Oxpho Blue at Brownells

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top