Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 7:32:20 PM EDT
I took my mini-14 out to the range today, little cool but nice fall day!

Ammo was American Eagle M193, on stripper clips. The barrel is 14.5 with 1/7 twist, and using iron sights
First target was about 1 foot squared, at a range of a little under 100m (according to my pace count), I started there to ensure I didn’t lose my zero.
As you can see, with my first group, I needed to slow down my breathing, but the second group would have been perfect, if it wasn’t for the flyer:

Second target was set at 200 yards (range limit), the target was about 2 foot wide, 3 foot long box with blank paper taped to it, about the size of a human torso area:

On my first group at 200 yards, I had to bump my group down one click:

The second group look like it was ok:

So I went back and fired for affect:

Not to bad..I’m happy with it.
Some pics while the barrel cools down:

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the rifle, and good shooting.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suggest you turn the adjustable, cam-lock buckle around so the flat side rests against the wood.  That way, the buckle won't ding the wood.
View Quote

That's what gives it character....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top