Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 11:26:00 PM EDT
So was browsing local pawn, and found an IMMACULATE Ruger M77 Mark II .308 compact. Rifle is 100%, looks unfired. He says serial puts it around 2001. Price is $470.

I noticed the LOP is short, but very doable, especially with a thick jacket on. Would this be a good buy? Trigger did not feel bad at all, bud did not dry fire a whole bunch.

Also this is NOT the newer hawkeye version

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Try asking at :
300 AAC Blackout Fourm
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Try asking at :

300 AAC Blackout Fourm
View Quote
that offers me zero help, and i fail to see the relevance of .300aac when im talking about a .308 ruger

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Aww Crap!
Sorry man, I had blackout on the brain.  Please forgive my stupidness.
on second thought....I think I replied to the wrong post...still stupid on my part.
at least you got a free bump!
Danomite!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, that is a fair price; I'd buy it for that.

I just picked up a Ruger M77 Mark II with the Zytel/Skeletonized stock for $477; not bad at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes, that is a fair price; I'd buy it for that.

I just picked up a Ruger M77 Mark II with the Zytel/Skeletonized stock for $477; not bad at all.
View Quote

went back and held it today, the LOP just feels sooo damned short, i feel the bolt would nail my nose every time i fire it
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm 6'2" and I can run a Frontier (also has a short LOP) at speed and have never hit myself. Shouldn't be a problem for anyone if they are crowding the scope unless they have an unusually long neck.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Frontier model of this, 308, short pull, 16.5" barrel, fore or aft scope mounts.

Factory ammo hits hard, also does not group so well.  Its a short, light rifle!
Also the factory unique offset rings I think stink.  The rear receiver is lower than the front.
I splurged and got an adapter set, and new set of regular rings....this seems much better.

Lead with 16gr of 2400, sweet all day shooter.

Not sure if that rifle is worth the price you said.  Check around, probably not that high, $400 maybe?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have the Frontier model of this, 308, short pull, 16.5" barrel, fore or aft scope mounts.

Factory ammo hits hard, also does not group so well.  Its a short, light rifle!

Also the factory unique offset rings I think stink.  The rear receiver is lower than the front.

I splurged and got an adapter set, and new set of regular rings....this seems much better.

Lead with 16gr of 2400, sweet all day shooter.

Not sure if that rifle is worth the price you said.  Check around, probably not that high, $400 maybe?
View Quote

Thanks you helped me make up my mind. Will wait on this. Might just pick up the new Ruger Predator .308
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top