Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 3:41:55 PM EDT
The front of the synthetic stock on my new Ruger stainless flexes enough to press against the barrel, just based on how I hold it. It sounds like from my reading the synthetic stock needs to be glass/steel bedded at the front to add some strength and then anything that sticks up enough to touch gets cut off. Any alternate suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Boyd's just released their laminate birch stocks for the American series, but they add weight.

All of the "value" guns have this issue (Remington 783/Marlin X7, Mossberg ATR, Savage Axis, and Ruger American).

You would need to lock the bedding to the stock. Personally, I would just sand the plastic that touches and leave it as is.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
This would be more "cutting" or "dremeling" or even "belt sanding" a quarter inch or more of material of the top edges of the front of the stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The front of the synthetic stock on my new Ruger stainless flexes enough to press against the barrel, just based on how I hold it. It sounds like from my reading the synthetic stock needs to be glass/steel bedded at the front to add some strength and then anything that sticks up enough to touch gets cut off. Any alternate suggestions?
View Quote

Buy a new stock at Boyd's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top