Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 4:06:58 PM EDT
Got another of the E'mail product release announcements yesterday..... Since I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the GSR 556, what is the next one?

Still calling for a 5 shot 44 on the GP frame, or maybe the 7.62X39 in a GSR......

What say ye.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets hope a LC45s.... the Gunsite in 556 but, doesnt take AR mags was a waste IMO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lets hope a LC45s.... the Gunsite in 556 but, doesnt take AR mags was a waste IMO.
View Quote

lol...not even mini-14 mags!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Their 1911 line up is minimal at best. I can see some specific "Tactical" models or a railed model making it's way out of AZ.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bolt guns arent easy to make run off of AR mags.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not? It's the same concept & mechanics...

Bolt moves forward and strips round from feedlips and moves it into the chamber either via controlled feed or not.  Hell an AR minus the gastube IS a straight pull bolt action...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Mossberg thinks otherwise...

Mossberg MVP
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Their 1911 line up is minimal at best. I can see some specific "Tactical" models or a railed model making it's way out of AZ.
View Quote

A new version of their 1911 was my guess for the last one. Hope it is this time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mossberg MVP
View Quote

That technology is patented so Ruger couldn't use it.  As far as the next announcement, I think a ruger American that is left handed will be what we see.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That technology is patented so Ruger couldn't use it.  As far as the next announcement, I think a ruger American that is left handed will be what we see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mossberg MVP

Patent for the small action 5.56 Cartridge Pusher  for the short action 7.62 Cartridge Stripper a.k.a. feed bumps  and for the Magazine Guide Assembly and for their LBA adjustable trigger

I think the next thing will be something Mini related.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe a price drop on the mini and a folding stock version.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the era of post panic and slow economy this would still sell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/l3_rifles_stainless_ruger_mini_14_wfactory_folder_and_8_mags_103734.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/l3_rifles_stainless_ruger_mini_14_wfactory_folder_and_8_mags_103734.jpg

Yup it would!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#13]
http://ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/models.html

Ruger American Ranch rifle. 16" barrel, 5.56 and 300 BLK.
Oh yeah, also the American in lefty.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#14]
If its anything like the last suprise, I'll rather not get any suprises from Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]

I want one in .223. I think that might be the next rifle I buy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I would pay $200-$250 all day (more in a weak moment) for a new Ruger wooden folding stock.
Ruger would make money.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would pay $200-$250 all day (more in a weak moment) for a new Ruger wooden folding stock.
Ruger would make money.
View Quote

I'd like to see these stocks available again. Surely they still have the prints, tooling ect to do this.
Sell complete guns with folders. And sell folding stocks separately too.
Ruger are you reading this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You really think they still have equipment around to make something they haven't made in almost 30 years?  They'd be the first gun company featured on Hoarders if that was true...  although it would explain why they need three plants now...  

As for all the people (both here and in other threads) talking about how much money could make on the A-Team folders at $xxx price point...  do you have any idea what it would cost to make them in today's world?  A regular Mini-14 wood stock is $105.99 at Midway right now, and that's way simpler to make than the old-school folder.  I'm no expert--I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express on my last vacation--but my guess would be there's no way most people would buy them at the price they'd be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You really think they still have equipment around to make something they haven't made in almost 30 years?  They'd be the first gun company featured on Hoarders if that was true...  although it would explain why they need three plants now...  

As for all the people (both here and in other threads) talking about how much money could make on the A-Team folders at $xxx price point...  do you have any idea what it would cost to make them in today's world?  A regular Mini-14 wood stock is $105.99 at Midway right now, and that's way simpler to make than the old-school folder.  I'm no expert--I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express on my last vacation--but my guess would be there's no way most people would buy them at the price they'd be.
View Quote

No way. With manufacturing tech being what it is today, Ruger could make those stocks for less money than they ever have and keep the quality.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Ruger could make a good modern yet old school folder using the original folding mechanism and hardware but with a plastic stock. I'd prefer the wood, myself, but even a plastic factory Ruger stock would be better than anything else out there right now.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have no idea why they haven't done this yet.  Instead they try to dud up the Mini with Tapco-esque AR stuff, and then charge extra for all the plastic..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup it would!

I have no idea why they haven't done this yet.  Instead they try to dud up the Mini with Tapco-esque AR stuff, and then charge extra for all the plastic..

I agree with you 100%.  The Mini-14's best feature is its clean lines and simplicity... I truly dislike the "New" folding black plastic stocks that they are now offering... Its bulky and ugly as Hell.  I doubt if Ruger will EVER release a copy of their "CLASSIC" Mini-14 folding stock in its original form again, but we can only hope that they will... I prefer a Walnut stock, but a black plastic body molded in the original style would be nice if they would leave off all the BS rails and stuff.   A true copy of this stock would be a serious winner!!

Hell, sell it as an accessory item and it will sell!!  I know that they will not be cheap, but they will still sell at a pretty good pace!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ruger would make money.
View Quote

+1, I would buy a classic style wood folding stock
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe if enough of us express an interest to Mr. Fifer, Ruger will bring the stock back.  Can't hurt to take a minute and send him a quick email.

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO.html
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I would like to see Ruger bring back the PC9 and the PC40.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would like to see Ruger bring back the PC9 and the PC40.
View Quote

+1. Would love to have one.

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top