Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2014 1:33:43 PM EDT
Picked up a mini 14 with a Federal ordinance under folding stock today that I have no idea of value on. It came with 7 30 round magazines, any help is appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll guess $650.

-Lee
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd pay $350.  The market is slow, I'm not in the market for one and I couldn't make that much off of it at $350.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you'd be lucky to get $400-$500 in this area.  If all the mags are Ruger factory 30 rounders most dealers would price the rifle and sell the mags individually for $25-$30.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd pay $350.  The market is slow, I'm not in the market for one and I couldn't make that much off of it at $350.
View Quote

he would get more for the stock alone.

The actual gun isnt worth much, but that stock..
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.  A  factory folder, maybe, but not that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

uhhhhhhh yeah..  Ive seen them go for that.   Factory folders go 500+..  I know because ive been after either for about a year now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

uhhhhhhh yeah..  Ive seen them go for that.   Factory folders go 500+..  I know because ive been after either for about a year now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like they say...a sucker and his money...

I'd pay $350 for it and turn around and sell it for $425 to $450 and make a quick buck.  YOU could deal with trying to get the actual price you think it's worth in a down market after paying my asking price and swapping stocks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd pay $350 for it and turn around and sell it for $425 to $450 and make a quick buck.  YOU could deal with trying to get the actual price you think it's worth in a down market after paying my asking price and swapping stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you are either buying for the purpose of flipping guns, or you are dealer that only pays about half price on gun value when people come selling or trading.  I wouldn't exactly call that an accurate position to be appraising from when someone asks for a value, unless they are looking to trade-in or just sell to a dealer just to get rid of something.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:So, you are either buying for the purpose of flipping guns, or you are dealer that only pays about half price on gun value when people come selling or trading.  I wouldn't exactly call that an accurate position to be appraising from when someone asks for a value, unless they are looking to trade-in or just sell to a dealer just to get rid of something.
View Quote

I deal, but not here or anywhere online.  I buy and sell to make money.  I do what any other dealer of any goods does.  When the OP tries to sell this for an inflated price, he will eventually lower it to ~$500 if he needs the cash.  The buyer will swap stocks and try to sell it with the facory stock for $500 and end up getting ~$400 for it...maybe.  If he's trading, he will get what I stated initially.  

Again, this is a down market and it's saturated with firearms that were purchased for more than what they were worth and the buyers are not going to get what they invested back out of them.  Buy low, sell high, but don't tie up you money in inventory.  It's a shitty living, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
so what did you actually pay? If you don't mind me asking.......
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I deal, but not here or anywhere online.  I buy and sell to make money.  I do what any other dealer of any goods does.  When the OP tries to sell this for an inflated price, he will eventually lower it to ~$500 if he needs the cash.  The buyer will swap stocks and try to sell it with the facory stock for $500 and end up getting ~$400 for it...maybe.  If he's trading, he will get what I stated initially.  

Again, this is a down market and it's saturated with firearms that were purchased for more than what they were worth and the buyers are not going to get what they invested back out of them.  Buy low, sell high, but don't tie up you money in inventory.  It's a shitty living, but it is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:So, you are either buying for the purpose of flipping guns, or you are dealer that only pays about half price on gun value when people come selling or trading.  I wouldn't exactly call that an accurate position to be appraising from when someone asks for a value, unless they are looking to trade-in or just sell to a dealer just to get rid of something.

But again.  You are assuming the seller is desperate.  That does not relate to market value.  You are talking about an extreme.  I have sold a few of my guns over the years.  I have never sold or traded to a dealer, and I have never allowed the buyer to set the price.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But again.  You are assuming the seller is desperate.  That does not relate to market value.  You are talking about an extreme.  I have sold a few of my guns over the years.  I have never sold or traded to a dealer, and I have never allowed the buyer to set the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you!  I'll make sure to tell everyone I know about your personal successes with selling guns.

The whole premise of my replies is based on his needing cash.  When someone is selling they need cash or they're trading up.  If they don't sell, they don't need the cash or trade.  It's simple logic, not rocket science.

It all goes back to market value despite your feelings regarding the sentimental and/or perceived value.  The OP wanted to know what he could get, I replied with what I would pay right here, right now.  If you will pay more, step up and, most importantly, have the cash to do so.  If you're here to debate basic economics and business practices or, as you've demonstrated, a lack of understanding thereof, you're in the wrong forum, wrong site and I'm not wasting any more bandwidth on educating you.

OP, you have had estimates of $350 to $650 which averages out to $500.  That is the approximate current market value today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The whole premise of my replies is based on his needing cash...

View Quote

I know, that is my point.  You are counting on a desperate seller.  That is not representative of fair market value.  What you would sell it at, after you paid your bottom feeder price is indicative of fair market value, and the same amount for which he could sell it outright.  

And you honestly think you are teaching me something????  Please.  You are correct in one thing.  You should stop wasting bandwidth.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not trying to sell it, just traded into it and wanted to make sure I did ok. I have $450 in it and plan to keep it. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top