Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2014 10:21:03 AM EDT
Didn't know if the factory tightened them down and maybe put  lock-tite on them. I didn't want to mess with them if they already did.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i never trust anything from the factory.

clown
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine were tight enough I had to heat some scrap metal to apply heat to the screws, but there ended up being no signs of Locktite.

I had to turn the front base around to fit my scope.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine are/were tight from the factory.  I've remounted my scope several times (Leupold QRW) and it's even returned to zero each time.  So, I really doubt anything is loosening up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine were tight before I put a scope on mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
One shooter at the range recently found that the base was loose and one of the ring screws was over-tightened/ stripped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I just sighted in my 30-06 stainless synthetic last weekend. Bases needed a quarter turn or so to recommended torque. (I don't remember the exact number--I use the recommended settings that come with the big yellow torque driver.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top