Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 10:59:57 PM EDT
Anybody here sent a rifle to ruger for anything? How was your experience? Did you pay shipping to get it there?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a rifle, but I sent a SR22. I bought the gun and there was a problem with the mag release. They paid for the return and the turn around was 5 days. It would have been three but UPS doesn't deliver on the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Also not a rifle, but I sent my Super Blackhawk in for the free safety conversion. It was fast and easy. No complaints.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok. I will see what they say when I request the rma. My rail on my gunsite scout is canted. When you put an optic on it it sits to the left. Also from top down it also doesn't look quite centered on the barrel, again appears canted to the left.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Give them a call. I too have sent a pistol with no charge. Quickly returned with new mag and silicone cloth, no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
They have been very good to me!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Well my rifle is on the way to ruger. They did pay shipping after all and set up ups pick up.

I will post an update of the overall experience once I get it back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a SR101 22 that I sent back because the rear sight was all the way left and "crunched" when trying to adjust it back.  Front sight was canted.  When it returned the front sight was still canted but it had a new back site.

Not overly impressed, and have been a Ruger fan for many, many years.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the wrong rings with one of my rifles, they were all to happy to help and make it right.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Still waiting. Haven't abandoned the thread.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Well. Ruger replaced my rifle.  That's what took so long. Zero explanation of why. Just it had to be replaced. Replacement wasn't immediate and had to wait for that. No communication on when it would be shipped. Even though I asked to be notified. Only sometime up to 4 weeks time. Got a surprise call from ffl yesterday. Your gun is here. Thankfully the ffl was good and did not charge me a transfer fee.  

Haven't shot the new rifle yet. Hope all is well. Visually it looks ok. Little irritated about the stock. This one is a bit lighter on the dye than my other one. Actually looks worn. Also had some blue paint or transfer of something onto it in a small area. Figure I can wipe it off with something, but we'll see.

So over all the experience was meh.  I've seen better CS in my experience and I've seen worse, so I rate this right in the middle. Only positive was I got another mag out of the deal as I didn't send in any mags when I returned my gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top