Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2014 1:00:23 PM EDT
I'm thinking about a 2 or 3 x dot for my Mini Tactical and want a receiver mounted rail that will allow the use of my irons too.
So I need advice on a rail, see through ring, and an optic.
Any questions?
Go!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not going to happen.
The Mini sights sit too low for any rail I have seen.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not going to happen.
The Mini sights sit too low for any rail I have seen.

Dave N
View Quote

Oh, Really.

How about a see through ring and some glass?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
cool rail!  B-square has made some decent mini mounts in the past.  Nice to see they are still inventing new stuff.  
See through rings.
 not going to be fun switching cheek weld between the two
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
cool rail!  B-square has made some decent mini mounts in the past.  Nice to see they are still inventing new stuff.  
See through rings.
 not going to be fun switching cheek weld between the two
View Quote

Those are not needed with that rail. I just need a set of see through rings that fit weaver/pic rail.
I think I should look at glass 1st then get the rings to go with it.
As far as cheek weld goes, I'm doing this if the optic fails I can continue to shoot with the irons and not have to remove the glass.
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I realize you want a receiver mounted rail but here's one that may fit your requirements, aside from being receiver mounted...

This is made by Aimtech, it isn't pretty, but might do what you want.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty sure I have a receiver rail for older minis that you can see through. I'll check to see if I still have it when I get home Sunday. I can send it to you for the cost of shipping or trade for a pmag or something.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure I have a receiver rail for older minis that you can see through. I'll check to see if I still have it when I get home Sunday. I can send it to you for the cost of shipping or trade for a pmag or something.
View Quote

I have a 580 series with the propriety Ruger mounting points on the top of the receiver. That is where I'm looking to mount it.
Thanks, I await you post/IM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The rail that I have mounts in the bolt catch plate. I am sure that you dont want it. It came in a parts lot I traded for and it is large ugly and heavy. Also has some dumb side rail on it. If you are still interested I'll get some pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top