Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2014 12:49:33 PM EDT
I have an SR-556 FB.  

I added an Blue Force front sling mount (Rail Mounted Fixed Loop - RMFL) and a Midwest Industries End Plate Single Sling Mount (MCTAR-13).  I changed out the grip for a Magpul MOE Grip...nothing wrong with the one that came on it I just like the Magpul better.  Right now it also has a Magpul Vertical fore grip (RVG).  It has an EOTECH M512.A65 on top.  

Lets post pictures, info, questions, reviews and such...

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Here are a couple more pictures...

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you like it compared to other rifles? Someone offered to sell me one, but Im hesitant.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it a lot...great gun.  Very well made.  I have not had it for a very long time yet, only a few hundred rounds shot from it but no issues at all.  
If you get a used one I would recommend that you get a newer one (there were some reported carrier tilt issues with the first year or so but that has been completely fixed).  
I have owned several ARs and this one appears as good or better than most so far.  

I have heard several good reviews of this rifle and nothing bad (except for the very early carrier tilt issues that have since been fixed).

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it compatable with most/all aftermarket AR parts? Like do you think an Aframe front sight post could go on? Or does the gas tube block that?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it compatable with most/all aftermarket AR parts? Like do you think an Aframe front sight post could go on? Or does the gas tube block that?
View Quote

Not sure about the A frame front sight post...I’m thinking that you are talking about putting a detachable a-frame style front sight on the gas block.  It should work.  You would just have to make sure that it’s the correct height for what ever you are using for a rear sight.

It appears to be compatible with most other AR parts…obviously the bolt carrier and gas system is different but most other things appear the same.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks! I think I might be trading for one so I guess we will see how that goes. Maybe Ill have a pic to post up here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Lets keep posting pictures, info, reviews, questions and such....

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Good stuff
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Glad to hear that you got the SR-556...it does look good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Lets keep posting ...
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I have wanted one of these for a while but they were priced a bit high. I see that they can be purchased for under $1000 now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]
They are great shooters and the BCG is so damn easy to clean after a day at the range. Ruger gives you a lot for your money. I have two and just posted one for trade in the EE. Nothing negative to say about them, I just don't need two. They look badass with an ACOG  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top