Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2012 2:22:39 PM EDT
I have a ruger 44 carbine gun show purcase/ money pit. Having problems feeding from mag to chamber. The slide / bolt locks open on every firing, the lifter latch un-latches when cycling a dummy round but latches back before the slide moves far enough forward to go past the catch at the rear of the trigger housing. It seems like a timing issue where the cartrige rim tripps the lifter latch but does not hold it unlatched long enough. Any help or comments appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you send it back to ruger? That would be my first thing to do.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you send it back to ruger? That would be my first thing to do.

Ruger will not work on the old-style .44 Carbines.  It sounds like your trigger housing may have cracked ( a common issue with the .44 Carbine)
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
tear it down and go over the parts but agreed from what ive read it sounds like trigger housing cracked.

Hit up the ruger forum lots of info there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking they had some kind of a problem braking a front trigger housing latch or something like that. But it was repairable.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking they had some kind of a problem braking a front trigger housing latch or something like that. But it was repairable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top