Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2017 5:48:16 PM EDT
I recently got my stamps approved for a 5.56 and 300 blk SBR and I'm looking for some advice/opinions on what uppers others have used for their 300 Blk. Until this weekend I thought I knew what I was going to get...

BCM 9" 300 BLK Complete Upper

However, I finally got a chance to take out another build I finished recently that had a BCM SS410 18" complete upper out and I wasn't blown away by the results. So I'm wondering if anyone here has the BCM I'm looking at and if so their opinions on it and if not what others have went with? Obviously this will not be a long range gun but I still want something that is going to shoot a decent group at most likely 100 yds max.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an 8 inch Aero upper.  No complaints. Well built, mated up with my Spike's lower well, hits what I aim at, and no malfunctions so far.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You can build your own high quality upper for less than a bcm, and not be stuck with a keymod rail you may decide to replace.
I built a 9" with a BA barrel for under 500.
It is plenty accurate for me out to 100m.

Not knocking bcm at all, but you may be happier starting from scratch.

I was
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can build your own high quality upper for less than a bcm, and not be stuck with a keymod rail you may decide to replace.

I was
View Quote
I've recently started thinking more about that, a complete upper for less than $500 would definitely be less than a BCM as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I went back and forth for nearly a year, and despite no experience  building one before, I decided the only way to get what I wanted and not waste $ having to swap out out of box upper parts for those I wanted just made sense.
I had to fire about 20 rounds to work out some issues but since then, I have had zero problems in the last 800 rounds I have shot through it.

I went with a ballistic advantage performance 9" barrel.
No complaints so far.

Right to bear often has great sales on 300bo barrels and upper recievers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was
View Quote
I built my own upper and used the BCM 9" barrel. I have been very happy with the barrel so far, accurate and not too heavy.

Went with a Spikes upper, Geissele Mk8 rail (no dickmod) and gas block, and the BCM barrel. I got to build exactly what I wanted and didn't have to settle with an upper that just had most of what I want.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I built my own upper and used the BCM 9" barrel. I have been very happy with the barrel so far, accurate and not too heavy.

Went with a Spikes upper, Geissele Mk8 rail (no dickmod) and gas block, and the BCM barrel. I got to build exactly what I wanted and didn't have to settle with an upper that just had most of what I want.
View Quote
I'm really starting to think that's what I should do as well.

Would let me get the exact barrel length that I want and wouldn't have to worry about it coming with a muzzle device I won't use since I'll be running a suppressor on it most of the time. Guess I need to start taking a look at what I want and building a parts list.

I've not built an upper before so this will be a first for me, guess it's time to learn.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up the 9" BCM upper for my SBR earlier this year.  I've got around 500 rounds (subs and supers) through it with no complaints.  Shots great with and without the suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Built my own with a Daniel Defense 10.3" S2W .300Blk barrel, and a Geissele handguard, so that my suppressors are just close to flush with the handguard. Looks sharp. I am considering adding a SLR-7 adjustable gas block to it, but for now, I am happy with how it performs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top