User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know WTH is going on with Form 1 trusts? According to NFA tracker one hasn't been approved since 8/2/2017, I haven't seen people posting approvals for them in forums or online and I had a form 4 trust I submitted a month after the Form 1 I'm waiting for come back last week. I called the ATF but they couldn't give me an explanation.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6794/Screen_Shot_2017-08-21_at_1-286010.JPG

The orange triangles are Form 1 trusts
View Quote
Cant remember the last time I saw an approval post I have an SxS and a SBS I'm waiting on from October, coming up on 11 months
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My January 25 2017 pending sbr and sbs just got approval on August 19 2017. Waiting on the stamps in the mail

Individual form 1s for both.
View Quote
Oh wow. That's good to read. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My January 25 2017 pending sbr and sbs just got approval on August 19 2017. Waiting on the stamps in the mail

Individual form 1s for both.
View Quote
Once I saw this it made me call the ATF and inquire about my (2) form 1 individual SBR's. Checks were cashed in mid November. Spoke to Stephanie who was very nice, she said my forms are pending and they're still working on forms pending from July/August. She rattled that off so quick that it sounds like she tells everyone that. Obviously it's not true due to the reports on here of people getting forms back from September/October.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea why, but so far, all of my nfa items have been approved faster that the norm. My two silencer shop silencers purchased during the dump got approved well ahead of everyone else's posted in the silencer forum. And now this. I don't by any means call and nag but I would periodically call and ask. Idk if maybe being polite, they somehow moved up in the pile?  No idea. Happy me though haha
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Like someone else said the lack of visibility on trust approvals is kind of perplexing. I'm hoping there will be a big surge sometime soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like someone else said the lack of visibility on trust approvals is kind of perplexing. I'm hoping there will be a big surge sometime soon.
View Quote
Somebody in the NFA FB group posted that yesterday he called to complain that his friend's individual form 1 from January 2017 cleared before his first week of September 2016 trust form 1. He said the ATF told him they had made a decision to "process all the individual form 1s before doing any of the trusts" Whatever the hell that means.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Somebody in the NFA FB group posted that yesterday he called to complain that his friend's individual form 1 from January 2017 cleared before his first week of September 2016 trust form 1. He said the ATF told him they had made a decision to "process all the individual form 1s before doing any of the trusts" Whatever the hell that means.
View Quote
While it certainly looks like that, I dont see the value that would bring to them, doubtful
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While it certainly looks like that, I dont see the value that would bring to them, doubtful
View Quote
It doesn't have to make logical sense. We are talking about the ATF.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep...need to know SN and Maker for a Form 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just called...recording says to have your Control or Serial # ready.  I didn't e-file and I don't know my lower receiver's SN off the top of my head.
Yep...need to know SN and Maker for a Form 1.
Just got off the phone with "Laura" who said my Form 1 Individual is still PENDING.  It's been exactly 365 days since they received it, 8/24/16, with check cashed on 8/25/16.  WTF.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure about individuals first, but its normal for trusts to take longer than individual transfers now.  It's been like that for a while.  I'm guessing the review of the trust paperwork may be done by someone other that the examiner so it's an additional step in the process that is bypassed for individual transfers.

Disclaimer: That info is worth what you paid for it, and is just my theory... I have no information to prove that's actually how it works.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about individuals first, but its normal for trusts to take longer than individual transfers now.  It's been like that for a while.  I'm guessing the review of the trust paperwork may be done by someone other that the examiner so it's an additional step in the process that is bypassed for individual transfers.

Disclaimer: That info is worth what you paid for it, and is just my theory... I have no information to prove that's actually how it works.
View Quote
The problem is that form 4 trusts have been coming back, as I posted earlier a form 4 that I submitted in October already cleared but form 1s have been at a standstill.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
2 Form 1 Individual SBRs
Sent: 1/6/17
CC charged: 1/13/17
Approved: 8/20/17
Received: 8/24/17

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I just don't understand why individual forms are coming in SO much faster than trusts. My trust has one person on it right now. ME! And with NFA items already on trust, I don't see why I am still waiting on an October form 1 or November form 4. It seems like no one is reporting back with approved form 1s or 4s using trust for past month or so.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Form 1 Trust SBR

Submitted 9/29/16
Pending 10/03/16

I dont get it either. Saw the recent approvals from early 2017, figured I'd be close. But apparently not. Lady on the phone said they're just about done with July and August.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
When I worked in the gun shop we had an assigned examiner at that time, Gary something. I was talking with him one day and asked why idividual forms were faster. He said that the Trust had to go to Legal for review to make sure it was a legally binding trust under the state, then went back to the examiner to finish the other stuff. IF this is true, couple that with the finger prints and background on all individuals in the trust it would take longer.

My first Form 1 in on a trust. The second was put in post 41f and decided to go individual. It is still pending.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm currently waiting on a Form 1 through a trust as well that the check cashed on July 30th of 2016. This is getting ridiculous, I have a carbine class in November that I wanted to use it in so hopefully it gets here before then.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
2 Form 1 Individual SBRs
Sent: 1/6/17
CC charged: 1/13/17
Approved: 8/20/17
Received: 8/24/17

View Quote
Wow. That would likely put me a couple of weeks out with a date late in February Individual Form 1.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Something's definitely going on w/ Form 1 Trusts - no approvals on NFA Tracker for a month now... and Individual Form 1's from Feb/March of THIS YEAR getting approved!?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Something's definitely going on w/ Form 1 Trusts - no approvals on NFA Tracker for a month now... and Individual Form 1's from Feb/March of THIS YEAR getting approved!?
View Quote
Agreed, it's a huge Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I'm starting to get bitter at all the February 2017 indi form 1s people are posting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's March individual approvals?
Sweet jesus.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 2 form 1's that the checks were cashed in November and I'm getting pissed. Not sure WTF is going on
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have 2 form 1's that the checks were cashed in November and I'm getting pissed. Not sure WTF is going on
View Quote
It's very simple.

Some states are ahead of others.

I've seen multiple individual forms from PA from 2017 get approved on the various tracking threads here. Texas seems to be just hitting late September/early October. Other states are likely at different stages.

The trusts are all probably piled up awaiting legal review to ensure the trusts are valid before they go to the examiners for approval.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I heard all the individual filings got bumped ahead of the trusts. That pisses me off, to be honest. 

I'm about to start calling and bugging the hell out of them. 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Form 1 Individual

Submitted: 2/1/17
Check cashed: 2/7/17
Approved: 8/28/17
Stamp Received: TBD
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't think I have seen a single form 1 trust reported back approved post 41F. Individuals are already having 2017 form 1s coming back :(
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's very simple.

Some states are ahead of others.

I've seen multiple individual forms from PA from 2017 get approved on the various tracking threads here. Texas seems to be just hitting late September/early October. Other states are likely at different stages.

The trusts are all probably piled up awaiting legal review to ensure the trusts are valid before they go to the examiners for approval.
View Quote
Supposedly they don't do these by State anymore, plus the problem is only for Form 1 trusts. Form 4 trusts are coming back. I've said it a few times but I sent in a Form 1 Trust first week of September and a form 4 trust middle of October. I got the form 4 trust back around 3 weeks ago, still nothing on the Form 1 I sent in a month and a half earlier.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Supposedly they don't do these by State anymore, plus the problem is only for Form 1 trusts. Form 4 trusts are coming back. I've said it a few times but I sent in a Form 1 Trust first week of September and a form 4 trust middle of October. I got the form 4 trust back around 3 weeks ago, still nothing on the Form 1 I sent in a month and a half earlier.
View Quote
That change about no longer going by states was back when Eforms first came out. I suspect that's changed back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I feel your pain guys...

I have a F1 (SBR) on a trust that went pending 9/16 OF LAST YEAR!  

Absolutely ridiculous!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#29]
This is sickening. I filed my 1st F1 Trust on 1-20-17 and was starting to get excited seeing people getting back F1 from January and February. I didn't realize until today that they are all Individuals.

I had 2 other people on my trust but removed them prior to submission which my lawyer said is ok. We will see I guess.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#30]
If NFA tracker is correct, then wait times on individual F1s are crashing.

Filing mine tomorrow through Silencer Shop.  They've started applying their bar codes they created for Form 4s to Form 1s....the software to make all that work isn't in place yet, but it leaves you open to being 'upgraded' the way they did F4s earlier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My individual form1, SBR, mailed 09/30/2016 came back for correction today.

Didn't like that I abbreviated my full name to my initials and last name.

So it would of been a approval if they weren't so picky. I fixed the error and sent it right back out today.

Sad think is that I have another individual form1, SBR, pending from 10-07-2016 with the same problem. So I have that to look forward to.
View Quote
Made the same mistake on mine...abbreviated my first name. They received my correction back almost a month ago.....was hoping for a quick turn around but no dice so far
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#32]
It's cool seeing the drop in wait for individuals, but I'm sitting on Trusts
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure if these guys hit the lotto or what with their 2017 approvals.  My buddy's Form 1 Individual from October 2016 is still pending.  Trying not to get too excited about mine from March!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We'll see.  I submitted a form 1 just over a month after the form 4 I just got back.  I'm betting I'll see it in a month or less.
View Quote
Aaaannnnnnd I was right!

Got my Form 1 from December today.

Month and a half between check cashed dates, 9 days between approvals!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#36]
See above.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Edit
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Locking back
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top