Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:59:07 PM EDT
I keep kicking around the idea of SBRing a Glock to use with one of the various chassis systems. Normally I would consider engraving the barrel hood. However, I can see myself using different calibers / slides with this one.

So where has everyone else engraved theirs? Any issues with markings in the plastic holding up? What process did you use? (engraving machine, stamping, melting with metal stamps?)
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Brad sent up the signal.

I engraved on each side of the metal strip on the underside of the frame so it reads:

TRUST NAME
[SERIAL NUMBER STRIP]
CITY, STATE

Absolutely perfect. I initially engraved the barrel hood and that was a mistake. I ended up selling that barrel and needing to engrave the frame. Also, engraving on each side of the serial number is perfect because it allows you to do frame modifications down the road if you so choose. For those who engrave on the underside of the trigger guard, that area would become off-limits for reshaping later on. And you can cover up your info with a weapon mounted flashlight, which is nice if you care about that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a laser engraver that with the right settings can do the glock plastic nice and clean and deep enough, that's how I did my B&T.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is done on the side of the dustcover but I like GeneralPurpose's location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top