Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2017 1:01:26 PM EDT
Going to do a SBR on my 10/22 and the PMCA chassis is the way I want to go.

I do have a question.
What is the barrel length that these guys are using? And what is the OAL?

Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Going to build a similar setup. That builder said it was a 4.5" Beyer barrel. He also noted that you will have to have the front of the chassis opened up, when using a suppressor, to use all of the threads of the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
So the photo in the top left is using a 5" barrel then?

I like the 4.5" better but do not want to have to mess with the chassis. No tools on my part.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 4.5 inch barrel in my PMACA chassis and I can 100% confirm you will have to open the front of the chassis up in order to screw the can on. It wasn't hard to do, just a little dremel action and since it's aluminum it goes quickly.

Also if you go 4.5, i recommend using some sort of muzzle device when not running a can as to give a little more length so you don't shoot a finger off by accident.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 4.5 inch barrel in my PMACA chassis and I can 100% confirm you will have to open the front of the chassis up in order to screw the can on. It wasn't hard to do, just a little dremel action and since it's aluminum it goes quickly.

Also if you go 4.5, i recommend using some sort of muzzle device when not running a can as to give a little more length so you don't shoot a finger off by accident.
View Quote
Can you post a pic of the dremel work you did?

How did you coat over the exposed aluminium after the sanding down?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
First question would a 5" barrel allow plenty of clearance for a suppressor?

Second question could I just put on the F1 that the barrel length is 4.5" and start with a 5" barrel? If most bulk stay sub sonic leave it at that? If most goes super then cut back the barrel and mill out the chassis?

Or is that a no no?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The builder for the gun in those photos stated that if he had to do it again he would go with a 5" barrel. I would stick with 4.5 to keep all ammo subsonic. I had a 5" barrel on a build once and every 4th or 5th round would crack.

You can put whatever barrel length you want to on the form 1. If you make a permanent change to the length it is recommended that you notify ATF of the change.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have since talked to the makers of the PMACA chassis system and they have moded these frames from the factory so it would accept the suppressor on a 4.5" barrel. So going that route.

Anyone know the OAL on the 4.5" barrel with the MTF Minimalist stock?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
SBR paper work has been filed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top