Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 9:07:57 PM EDT
Not looking for endorsements, so to speak. I have one. I've had it for 4 years and it's made one range trip in that time, in which it ran like a Swiss clock. The piston system runs great. Being an MP5 guy the idea and novelty of a PDW compact AR intrigued me plus it's pretty damn "tacticool". I was also well aware of the lack luster 5.56 ballistics from such a short barrel. The reason it sits in the safe is .....drum roll & tampon check....it feels so heavy...lol. Compared to handling MP5s its pretty damn cumbersome IMO. I had a 11.5 Colt Commando that felt much more maneuverable to me. The government profile coupled with the piston equals noticeable added weight IMO. Just wanted to see what other owner's thoughts are?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it's heavy for sure.  I ended up sending my upper to adco to have the barrel reprofiled.  It still isn't the lightest thing but it's fun.  I like taking mine out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You read my mind! I was kicking around sending it in for re profiling. I just wasn't sure re profiling such a short barrel would make a significant difference but it certainly couldnt hurt.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I run mine with a Noveske pig. Never failed t feed or make me smile. 100% reliable and clean.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Noveske pig too! It really makes a difference in the felt concussion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Noveske pig too! It really makes a difference in the felt concussion.
View Quote
I run a saker on mine most of the time but when it doesn't run a can I use a blast shield.  7.5 has way to much concision to make it fun without something to tame it IMO.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't say because my 7.5" is not an Adams Arms but a Noveske Diplomat instead.  I rebarreled mine in 6.8 SPC because I thought the 5.56 round was pretty anemic with such a short barrel.  Mine rocks and I shot it a lot but I just pulled the upper and installed a 10.5" 458 SOCOM on the lower.  Now THIS is a PDW.  My Comp rifle is an Adams Arms 16" light profile and I love it.  Adams Arms makes a great piston upper.  Very satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top