Posted: 7/23/2017 5:23:39 PM EDT
Has anybody used a PSA CHF 10.5" upper?

Likes?
Dislikes?
Issues?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My current HD gun is the exact same. Running a Omega on it, 500+ rounds no issues.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep this is my current HD setup.  Lots of rounds and no issues.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a KISS PSA 10.5 on a whim; I think it was $399 with BCG. It runs great for what little I put on it. I basically put a carry handle on it as a fun toy

I don't think I've put more than a few hundred rounds through it but it's run fine. Can't speak to accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I run one on my M16A2 RR.  I bought it specifically as a "mag dump" upper.  I got one of the ones with no BCG or CH, and run it with a Colt BCG.  I've put a couple thousand rounds through it with no malfunctions of any kind.  It's actually become one of my favorite uppers to run FA, just with a carry handle sight.
ETA:  Swapped the PSA handguards for double shielded Colts.  The PSAs tend to melt after a few mag dumps. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I built my gf a 10.5 sbr using that upper. It's been great. I did have to add an o ring to the extractor, but other then that it's great. Lighter profile then my LMT 10.5 upper
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I swapped a set of Colt double shielded handguards on mine, too, and am happy as f***. (it's the CL/CHF one).
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Like that the bbl was made by FN, chrome lined, CHF, better (harder, longer lasting) steel is used, and the hand guard was slim.

No dislikes.  Not a dislike, but I may install a linear comp to reduce the muzzle blast for when I shoot "full power" loads (I normally shoot somewhat reduced powder charge frangible loads at close range steel with it).  

Zero issues.  

It's been accurate with every reload I've tried in it.  

I was hoping PSA would have it again in stock, so I told them to notify me when they built more.  Within a few days I was notified in stock and on sale so I jumped on it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Grabbed one with the fixed front sight for my pistol.
Now I'm waiting on the one with the rail system to come back in stock for a (sometime after a one year wait) SBR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top