Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2017 2:45:14 PM EDT
I want to build something really short with law Tactical folder. I am thinking 300 black out is my best option but I'm not sure what else is out there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
300 BO would be my thought
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackout or 9mm
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
best ballistics is going to go to the 300 blackout or 6.8spc

most affordable to shoot with adequate terminal performance for HD purposes will be 5.56 and 9mm

i'd be willing to bet the 22tcm would make a good contender but that would more of a custom job vs something off the shelf. ronald williams comes to mind, and using ppsh 43 mags would be my first try.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're not gonna suppress it, then just go with 556 and get a muzzle device that directs the blast or at least something more than an A2.

Keep in mind any blast deflector type muzzle device will add at least another couple inches to the length though.

My own experiences on  those  blast deflectors (longer than an A2 by quite a bit):

--Noveske flaming pig

--AAC three prong FH with AAC QD blast deflector (very spendy since you need both parts)

--Silencerco three prong FH with Silencerco's QD blast deflector (same story on being spendy as the AAC brand, two parts)

--KAK or another brand that's lighter in weight and less money will likely do 99% of what you need.

Anyway you slice it, a decent blast deflector will add another 2" or so to your length and add weight, but shooting 556 out of an 8" barrel with an A2 sucks for everyone, particularly the shooter.

If you can live without a rifle round, I don't think going with a pistol caliber is it worth it, considering Glockz and others can pack 15 to 30 rounds and be hand-sized.

A nice option IMO is the Fn FiveSeven handgun, with their hotter ammo, also available from Fn.  The  FiveSeven, for its size, weight, mag capacity, and power is hard to beat and would be a first choice before compromising from an 8"  barrel in a rifle caliber to any length barrel in a pistol caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top