Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 7:43:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was lucky enough to be patient and on good behavior and was chosen by SS to be the guinea pig this evening on their new Form 1 feature!

I sit through a conference call and they watched me go through the process of purchasing, and entering all the info in, and I successfully got all my form 1 info complete, and signed, and it is waiting to be submitted  It was simple as heck, took seriously like all of 5min for the whole thing from buying the form 1 to entering all the info, of course I have all my info on file already, so that makes it even easier.

The feature I think is due to be rolled out Tuesday next week for everyone else, so get ready guys

No, I don't get anything from SS, of course.  I just want to spread the word and let you guys brace your wallets!
View Quote

Do you already have prints submitted? and a photo?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes i bought a silencer last fall, and all my prints and photos are on file already.
View Quote
I better get moving
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I was lucky enough to Beta the new SS Form 1 as well. Simple and quick. The whole process took five minutes and I was taking screen shots.

This is what EForms should have been.

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I put my SLR-104UR through the system last night at around 6:00. It's super easy. If you have prints and photos on file, it literally takes 2 minutes (maybe a few more if you count the docusign portion). Much, much quicker than the ATF eForms.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn how many beta testers were they?
View Quote
Dunno. Pete (goloud) and I both work with Silencer Shop pretty extensively for these sorts of things and reviews.

I actually intentionally waited until post-41F last year to buy my Griffin Alpha so I could test out the SID lol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
This is great news.

Do you have to enter OAL, manufacturer name and such?

Or is it all of that info generated by SS?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is great news.

Do you have to enter OAL, manufacturer name and such?

Or is it all of that info generated by SS?
View Quote
You enter it, but there are suggestions that pop up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
So I won't have to hound my wife to get her prints again if she already has them in their system?   Sweat....
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
My body is ready. My wallet is not.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
What's their end on this?  Selling a service?  Getting more people to visit SiShop?

Or are they working the angle of selling you a Title 1 firearm you can convert?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Scar gets filed on Tuesday when this goes live.

Already in the system.

That leaves the RPR as the only non NFA gun I'll have.

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Scar gets filed on Tuesday when this goes live.

Already in the system.

That leaves the RPR as the only non NFA gun I'll have until I SBR it.

View Quote
FIFY.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Will this be available to the peasants that have not used Sico?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have anything I want to SBR at the moment but this will certainly make things easier. SS has done an amazing job making the NFA world easier to traverse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Will this be available to the peasants that have not used Sico?
View Quote
I think I know what you're saying - yes, anyone can use the system. Just need to have your prints on file and your photo with the app.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I've used Silencer Shop before, but it was pre-41f so my prints were not in the system.  I found a dealer who had a Kiosk, and paid $40 to scan my prints.  It sounds like a lot of money extra, and maybe it is, but the time savings and convenience is phenomenal.  Actually, if you subtract the time and cost of getting printed the old fashioned way every time you want to submit a form 1, it's pretty phenomenally inexpensive (never mind that I'm a serial tax stamper).

Another problem that I had was that my trust on file was pre-41f, and it had a trustee...so they wanted me to submit more prints and photos. Then I learned that if you buy a Silencer Shop trust, it doesn't have to be notarized.  I don't know how this voodoo works, but I'm overseas, so getting something notarized would have been really difficult.  I've dropped two Silencer Shop eForm 1s now, but there will be many more.  From this point forward, a form 1 will probably take less than five minutes, if I have the info I need at hand.

Now the only limitation is my credit card.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I put my SLR-104UR through the system last night at around 6:00. It's super easy. If you have prints and photos on file, it literally takes 2 minutes (maybe a few more if you count the docusign portion). Much, much quicker than the ATF eForms.
View Quote
I've done a few now. Imagine that, private business being more efficient that the government.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top