Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 7:46:55 PM EDT
First I started with the Volquartsen 1911 Target frame and added a 6" PacLite barrel. Next I got a Volquartsen Rail System built to be used the Ruger MK series 5 1/2" bull barrels. I had to turn the PacLite barrel down to the same contour as the Ruger receiver/barrel. This leaves only the threaded portion protureding from the rail system. I also had to clear out the bolt stop clearance as using the same mounting holes that were in the rail system for the Ruger locate the rail system a little farther forward than it was intended. Next is to design a single rod 5/16" dia. wire stock for a 11 1/2" LOP so I can accurately fill out the Form 1 for overall length. The stock will follow down the right side of the gun mounting to the forward side of the rail system. I would like to keep the lower rail opened for accessories. Just doing a quick accessment it looks like the overall length of the gun from muzzle to stock will be about 18". Right now as it stands this guns weight is 39 oz. I know this project is not for everyone but it should full fill some niches I've had for a while and should be fun for me and others to shoot at the range.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Subscribed.  Can you draw what you're planning for it to look like?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I did my drawing with a coat hanger. The box looking area will have a mount front and back that will accept the wire stock.

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
cool, i love seeing stuff that's imagined and then built. are you doing a slide out stock, like an MP5 or Sig MPX? that might be easy to add, then modify?

also why? not judging, just wondering what niche this fills for you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
No on the sliding stock, I'm going fixed. As far as what it will fill for me is that just in the last few years has one been able to own a SBR in states that I have lived and when I was younger I owned a Crossman 1377 with a removable stock and really enjoyed it. Another thing is that I really like the Ruger MK series guns and have always thought it would be a great shoulder weapon.. I shoot mostly hand guns because I am not as tall as most adults and have a arm stretch that is a little short for my size I have never felt comfortable firing most longarms. Ar style carbines are the mainstay of my long guns. Also the WOW factor in that stocked pistols are just too cool. When I look back at their history from their beginnings something just draws me there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top