Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2017 11:09:35 AM EDT
Hi, I want to change my barrel length on a Form 4 SBR (8.5" to 12.5").  Will this make it a Form 1 SBR and I will need to engrave the lower?  Or do I simply notify the ATF guys that I've changed the barrel length?  Thanks!

(I understand I can just build a new Upper; however, it is cheaper for me to just change the barrel.)
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the new barrel and change it.  That's it.

ATF requests you notify them of a permanent change, by writing them a letter explaining the change, but there is no law requiring you to do so.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy the new barrel and change it.  That's it.

ATF requests you notify them of a permanent change, by writing them a letter explaining the change, but there is no law requiring you to do so.
View Quote
Cool, this is what I figured but I wanted to ask "just in case".

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
This made me curious.  What about caliber?  I haven't received the approval yet on my Form 1 but while waiting over a year, I am thinking I rather have a 6.8 instead of 300blk
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This made me curious.  What about caliber?  I haven't received the approval yet on my Form 1 but while waiting over a year, I am thinking I rather have a 6.8 instead of 300blk
View Quote
Same thing, change at will with no other required action.  Send them a notifying letter if you so choose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top