Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2017 10:01:42 PM EDT
I know this is a topic beat to death and there is bound to be a thread with some steps. Could someone either point me in the right direction or give me a run down on what I would need to do to sbr a rifle that I already own.

I have purchased a couple of silencers from a shop using my trust but they filled out all of the paper work so I have no idea what to do and I have never used the online forms for a nfa item. I also have not purchased a nfa item since the new 41f went into effect.

Assuming I do this myself should I do a paper form or do it online?

Any tips or tricks I should know?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread will take you through the steps: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/465636_Work-In-Progress--new-F1-F4-guide-for-41F-submissions.html

For an existing rifle you own, you will be filing a Form 1 to make it into an SBR.  If using your trust you are filing a Form 1 as an Entity.

eFile is no longer available for this process, so it is all done on paper and through the mail.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread will take you through the steps: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/465636_Work-In-Progress--new-F1-F4-guide-for-41F-submissions.html

For an existing rifle you own, you will be filing a Form 1 to make it into an SBR.  If using your trust you are filing a Form 1 as an Entity.

eFile is no longer available for this process, so it is all done on paper and through the mail.
View Quote
Thanks a lot. I'll look through the linked thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top