Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 10:10:23 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I've been leaning heavily lately on running a 12.5" upper on one of my SBRs, namely the BCM Kino upper. Can I get some comments/pics from those of you running a 12.5" and see what your experiences are?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a BCM Kino upper that I really liked.  12.5" is still plenty short.  I generally like a FSB and I also don't like a ton of barrel sticking out past it.  a 12.5" carbine looks goofy to me.  The Kino, though?  It was awesome!  If you have an itch for a Kino, get it!

It's a BCM product, so it's good quality.  I never had any malfunctions suppressed or unsuppressed.  The only reason I got rid of it is because it wasn't my primary rifle and I just like swapping things around. 
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a BCM kino. Functioned as expected. Ended up cutting off the FSB and making it a host for my AEM5. Comes right back to the rail in that config.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a CMMG barrel in a kino style configuration-should of kept it it was nice
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 12.5" gun, although it's not a "Kino" config.  Your request didn't state you only wanted pics of Kinos, so here you go.

Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 12.5" gun, although it's not a "Kino" config.  Your request didn't state you only wanted pics of Kinos, so here you go.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4165/34324102561_1c55f84e46_b.jpg
View Quote
I've got one. Still wondering if i like it.  A little heavy, but the mid length handguard makes it feel like a full size carbine.  I keep forgetting i have room to stretch my arm out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've got one. Still wondering if i like it.  A little heavy, but the mid length handguard makes it feel like a full size carbine.  I keep forgetting i have room to stretch my arm out.
View Quote
That one was originally a 10.3" gun, but I went to the 12.5" so I could get more handguard room.  

A 9.x" handguard is just too cramped for me with a LAM and WML.

Still a little too long with the full size suppressor my liking, so I may eventually pick up a Saker 556k to cut down on the length a bit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
BCM Kino is ( . )( . )

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just hit 12.5k rounds through mine as of yesterday ironically. It shoots great with 55s, 62s, and 77 grain sierras especially. I've only ran it to 200 yards but it's been more than adequate at those ranges.
And I've ran this bitch HARD too.
Buy One
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input fellas, I think I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger!! I do plan on running my Phantom 5.56 on it. Are you guys that are running suppressed using the "stock" gas block to switch from suppressed to unsuppressed? Will it run fine both ways with the gas block that comes on it reliably?
Thanks. And more pics from anybody won't be discouraged
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the input fellas, I think I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger!! I do plan on running my Phantom 5.56 on it. Are you guys that are running suppressed using the "stock" gas block to switch from suppressed to unsuppressed? Will it run fine both ways with the gas block that comes on it reliably?
View Quote
I swapped my gas block out for an SLR but regretted it immediately. Its damn near impossible to change the setting with the FSB in the way. So I just set it Where I wanted it and haven't touched it since. Its carbon locked by now but whatever. Still works 100%
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a "Kino" but a LMT  I had cut to 12.5.   Without a can it's awesome. With a suppressor it's not bad, but feels a little long compared to 11.5 & under.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use a Gemtech carrier and an H2 buffer.  Without that carrier, it was way overgassed; flattened primers, unlocking early, and even popped a M193 primer.

No problems now; the H2 buffer is just a little extra and not strictly necessary.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I use a Gemtech carrier and an H2 buffer.  Without that carrier, it was way overgassed; flattened primers, unlocking early, and even popped a M193 primer.

No problems now; the H2 buffer is just a little extra and not strictly necessary.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/Gilenusx207/Weapons/IMG_1250_zpsfcqzooeo.jpg
View Quote
Maybe I'm speaking out of turn but flattened and popped primers aren't usually related to the amount of gas. You just shoot hot ammo, which M193 is. Hot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn but flattened and popped primers aren't usually related to the amount of gas. You just shoot hot ammo, which M193 is. Hot.
View Quote
I thought it was odd, too, but problems stopped when I added the carrier.  The popped primer was only once in a class, but Speer 55gr GD had consistently flattened primers beforehand, and normal primers after.  In my case, it seemed to be too much gas resulting in early unlocking.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread is relevant to my interests.  My Seekins SP223 lower should have its eForm completed any day now.  I was thinking about putting a Kino upper on it, but I'm also wondering if I'd get more utility with a 12" barrel, a quality free-float tube, and a fixed front sight (like a DD).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top