Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2017 10:21:33 PM EDT
Anybody using a plain tube on their sbr? Dpms, armalite, hogue, pri, clark, etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Hogue on my AR pistol with a Sig brace. Soon in Iowa it can become a SBR. I am on the fence about it. It wiggles a bit, might be my fault due to installation, but its unnerving. I haven't had time,(in 4 years ) to look into it extensively. I will soon. I like the plain tube style, you aren't tied to a fixed forearm grip.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Hogue on my AR pistol with a Sig brace. Soon in Iowa it can become a SBR. I am on the fence about it. It wiggles a bit, might be my fault due to installation, but its unnerving. I haven't had time,(in 4 years ) to look into it extensively. I will soon. I like the plain tube style, you aren't tied to a fixed forearm grip.
View Quote
Got pics??
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
How about ALG
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
also Nordic makes a plain tube
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a JP on a creedmoor build
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the point?

I've handled plain "tube" style handguards before and they don't really feel any different in the hands than something like an ALG v1 or v2 MLOK handguard.  They weigh roughly the same as most comparable modular handguards.  About the only difference is you don't have a plethora of mounting options for accessories should you want to add some down the line.

Just because the MLOK (or KM) is there, it doesn't mean you absolutely have to use it.

Anyways, just my opinion on the matter, but I'd rather give myself options if I want to change something up down the line.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Just looking for something different to build and i have a plain fiberglass tube laying around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top