Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 2:08:43 PM EDT
So I plan on putting together a 5.56 SBR with the BCM 11.5" upper and a multi cal lower. Other than the lower and a few other spare parts, I don't have any other components and will be purchased over time.

My question is this. I want to start the ball rolling on the Form 1 and buy the rest of the components later, but I don't know what OAL length I will need to put on the Form 1. The probably is complicated a littler further as I plan to use a Maxim PDW stock on the build.

Should I submit my Form 1 with a OAL appropriate to a 11.5" barrel and 6 position stock, or submit everything with the length appropriate for the Maxim stock?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way to meet the legal requirements is to submit how you'll initially configured it. This could mean using a standard stock (so, roughly barrel + 19") for the Form 1. Build the SBR, install that stock, remove the stock, reinstall whatever stick you feel like.
View Quote
exactly what i did for my 3 sbrs..
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The way to meet the legal requirements is to submit how you'll initially configured it. This could mean using a standard stock (so, roughly barrel + 19") for the Form 1. Build the SBR, install that stock, remove the stock, reinstall whatever stick you feel like.
Thanks guys that is exactly what I needed to know. Now off to spend more money.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I plan on putting together a 5.56 SBR with the BCM 11.5" upper and a multi cal lower. Other than the lower and a few other spare parts, I don't have any other components and will be purchased over time.

My question is this. I want to start the ball rolling on the Form 1 and buy the rest of the components later, but I don't know what OAL length I will need to put on the Form 1. The probably is complicated a littler further as I plan to use a Maxim PDW stock on the build.

Should I submit my Form 1 with a OAL appropriate to a 11.5" barrel and 6 position stock, or submit everything with the length appropriate for the Maxim stock?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

I have a maxim stock on my 9mm. I could put my 10.5" 5.56 upper on it and get you a good length. Shoot me a PM if you want me to mock it up for you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I mounted my 10.5" on the lower with the maxim PDW stock. With a A2 flash hider it's 29 1/4".
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I mounted my 10.5" on the lower with the maxim PDW stock. With a A2 flash hider it's 29 1/4".
View Quote
No muzzle device
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No muzzle device
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No muzzle device
That is correct. He can figure out the length without the flash hider. I didn't have a crushwaher to replace the one on it. So I measured with it on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help everyone. I am going to get everything measured up this weekend hopefully and can go from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top