Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 2:27:50 PM EDT
I finally got my tax stamp for my SBR and have decided I want a PDW type stock on it. 

Does somebody make one that doesn't require their proprietary BCG be used? I have an Adams Arms piston upper I want to use and it has a proprietary 'gas key' on the BCG. 

It would allow for the nylon 'butt-plug' a lot of these stocks use, but not a dedicated BCG with a standard gas key. 

Any insight?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think the ARC-X should work since it works w standard milspec bcg. Arc-x.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think the ARC-X should work since it works w standard milspec bcg. Arc-x.
View Quote
I'll look into it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The Battle Arms Development Vert stock doesn't require a proprietary bolt carrier. However, the tail of the BCG has to have a minimum I.D. for the buffer to fit inside.
From their website:
"Inside, rear cavity of the bolt carrier must be .625" diameter x .625" deep minimum to clear the buffer.  Damage may occur if proper clearance isn't met"
There is also a note that it's designed to work with D.I. guns but I'm not sure what would preclude a piston system from working.

Hope this helps in some way
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Maxim defense. I'm using one on my 9 mm AR. You can also use a JP silent capture spring as they make a version just for the Maxim stock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the MVB ARC stock for just this reason so it will work. I have an AR pistol with the 7.5" Adams Arms upper on it and a 300blackout SBR. I can swap off my 300blk upper and swap on the adams arms piston upper no problem. That being said I plan to sell the MVB, the pdw stocks are cool but just too damn heavy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Just put the MVB stock on my SBR and it is a pretty slick system. Only downside was my armorers wrench was too fat to fit between the rails of the stock so I couldn't get it onto the castle nut/buffer tube piece. They sell one that works for $14, but my buddies fit just fine.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
ive always loved the maxim defense stock..

i have a 7.5 inch sbr ar15. and im gonna get that stock soon. its compact already but with a pdw stock will be even better. I dont like the ones that uses the proprietary bcg..
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought the MVB ARC stock for just this reason so it will work. I have an AR pistol with the 7.5" Adams Arms upper on it and a 300blackout SBR. I can swap off my 300blk upper and swap on the adams arms piston upper no problem. That being said I plan to sell the MVB, the pdw stocks are cool but just too damn heavy.
View Quote
I'm running an AA 7.5" upper too. It's good to know the ARC will work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you can buy just those special gas keys from AA too.  I suppose you could re key one of the special BCG's.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think you can buy just those special gas keys from AA too.  I suppose you could re key one of the special BCG's.
View Quote
I'd have never thought to look. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Lwrc ultra compact stock. Shorter buffer and tube. Normal bcg
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Second the LWRC UCIW
LWRC works great. Light weight and not expensive. Works like a normal AR stock so no new motions to learn.
I papered my overall length using the UCIW closed length. Running a Superlative Arms piston system. Works with standard BCG and AA also.
And on sale today!
NES  - 31.7 oz.
KES - 30.3oz.
Troy - 29 oz.
Maxim - 23.2 oz.
MVB - 28.4oz.
BAD - 19.5oz.
Falkor - 18.29 oz.
XPDW - 23pz.
LWRC UCIW - ~ 16 oz.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got a maxim defense for my ar 9mm build. Great price of $200 from a forum sponsor. It's really slick for my 9mm setup. Originally thot id use it on my AR SBR. But stuck it on the 9mm instead.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I use the Troy tomahawk stock. It keeps a full cheek weld and is quite a bit less expensive than some of the other ones. It is also the lightest weight that I know of.  Works great on a 7.5" adams arms.  Zero problems.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, but FT.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm using the BAD Vert and like the cheekweld on mine!

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I really want a PDW stock but geez, what the heck makes them worth $300-600??
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I use the Troy tomahawk stock. It keeps a full cheek weld and is quite a bit less expensive than some of the other ones. It is also the lightest weight that I know of.  Works great on a 7.5" adams arms.  Zero problems.
http://i68.tinypic.com/14wt9bk.jpg
View Quote
That what I ended up doing, even though I'm ashamed for trading with Troy. A PDW for $230.00 was just too good a deal to pass up.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just put the MVB stock on my SBR and it is a pretty slick system. Only downside was my armorers wrench was too fat to fit between the rails of the stock so I couldn't get it onto the castle nut/buffer tube piece. They sell one that works for $14, but my buddies fit just fine.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EFDNUmvZ-B0/maxresdefault.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2808/33144376843_936dbcca60_k.jpg
View Quote
Just did the same. Works well. Very easy to install.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#21]
LWRC UCIW, although with the short buffer and spring I was getting short strokes with wolf/ weak ammo which use to run in my 10.5. Ran great with federal m193. Compared it to short Troy tomahawk which I was considering. The Troy was nice but glad I went with LWRC. Cheaper, lighter, comfortable cheek weld, use your own BCG.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LWRC UCIW, although with the short buffer and spring I was getting short strokes with wolf/ weak ammo which use to run in my 10.5. Ran great with federal m193. Compared it to short Troy tomahawk which I was considering. The Troy was nice but glad I went with LWRC. Cheaper, lighter, comfortable cheek weld, use your own BCG.
View Quote
I haven't had any issues short stroking wolf/tulammo with the LWRC stocks. I would check for a gas leak and if there aren't any I would probably open the port up a few thousandths.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top