Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 10:21:38 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

Has anyone purchased a Colt 6933 Upper Receiver recently, and if so, how is the Port size?

I'm looking to buy another 11.5" Upper, and was just concerned with over gassing. I've searched around, but the only info I'm getting is very dated.

While this Upper is going on a pistol lower, I wanted to place it here since I figured I would get better/more technical answers than in the pistol subforum. I hope this is ok.

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the stamp clear for my factory 6933 SBR in I believe January of 2016.  I don't know what the port size is but I've had zero gas to the face just with a newer style Gunfighter charging handle.  I do use a Surefire can and they tend to have less blowback but it's very nice to shoot.  I haven't changed anything in the "operating system" other than put in an MBT trigger.  Still has the factory H buffer and spring.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That is very nice^

Thanks for posting. Have you shot it unsuppressed by any chance?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is very nice^

Thanks for posting. Have you shot it unsuppressed by any chance?
View Quote
Yes I have.  Functions just fine with or without can.  I honestly haven't shot it much as I have a bunch of SBR's but it's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a circa 2005 6933 and shooting it with my Recce 7 and stock charging handle is pretty gassy.  Enough to burn my eyes a little.

I need to take it out and shoot it with one of my BCM CH's to compare.  Function wise it's perfect, just gassy.

I was even contemplating getting a Gemtech adjustable carrier for it as I don't want to change the FSB on the stock upper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Deleted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top