Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 1:52:27 AM EDT
Hey everyone,

Just ordered some frigerprint cards from the ATF website (hope I ordered the right ones). Next step will be ordering my lower so I can fill out and send in my form 1, which has me worried because I've read about how easy it is to screw them up.

Quick question while I'm here. I was looking at a 11.5" Faxon barrel and it was midlengh which seems strange to me, is that enough dwell time?

Looking forward to joining the SBR club in like a year or so!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
11.5 mid is for suppressed use
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
So for shooting Unsuppressed I need a car or pistol length? I'm still debating the whole suppressor thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]
double post
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Just pay attention to the boxes and follow the directions. It really isn't that hard. Most people who get them rejected for errors just overlooked or misread something. The few who did it right and still get rejected because of a perceived error is actually pretty small. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So for shooting Unsuppressed I need a car or pistol length? I'm still debating the whole suppressor thing.
View Quote
Definitely go with a suppressor if you ever hunt with a rifle you will suppress or if you shoot at a range or hunt club, etc, that isn't always occupied by unsuppressed shooters.

Take Faxon's advice - nobody can know their barrels as well as they do!

But, fwiw, I just this morning bought an upper with a Faxon 11.5" barrel from a fellow arfcomer who shoots it unsuppressed. He installed an SLR adjustable block when he put the upper together (and Faxon recommends an adjustable block on the 11.5" midlength on their site) and says the upper runs 100% reliably and is the smoothest shooting upper he has. He doesn't have an SBR lower though, and just didn't like the pistol "brace" options he tried.

I am really looking forward to trying out the 11.5" Gunner set up. I'll be shooting suppressed though, and expect to have to use the SLR block to reduce gas.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help! Definitely have a lot of research to do to make sure my build runs  smooth when it's finished and I'll do more research on suppressors, good thing I have plenty of time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top