Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2017 7:51:07 PM EDT
If I do a form 1 on an AR15 for a 9" 300blk, can I switch to another short barrelled? upper?

For example a form 1 on a 9" 300blk, then swap to a 10.5" 556 upper?  

The form 1 asked for caliber, an AR can be multiple calibers. Can it be a 300blk if the form 1 states 556?

Does it matter if I put 223 or 556?

How do you measure overall length without have a complete gun?  Is it measured with stock collapsed or extended?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just put the caliber and barrel length of the first upper you get for it. As long as you don't permanently alter the firearm, you can 'temporarily' modify it all you want with other uppers in whatever caliber you like.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If I do a form 1 on an AR15 for a 9" 300blk, can I switch to another short barrelled? upper?  Yes.

For example a form 1 on a 9" 300blk, then swap to a 10.5" 556 upper?  

The form 1 asked for caliber, an AR can be multiple calibers. Can it be a 300blk if the form 1 states 556?  Yes, fill out the form 1 as what you plan to first build it.  After that you can change it at will, both the caliber and barrel length.

Does it matter if I put 223 or 556?  No, just put the right units with either, so .223 inches or 5.56 mm.

How do you measure overall length without have a complete gun?  Is it measured with stock collapsed or extended?     Extended, and make you best guess.  It doesn't have to perfectly exact.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You put whatever caliber that the receiver is marked for, if it is marked multi, you must have the caliber engraved on either the receiver or it can be on the barrel.

The length is measured with the stock fully extended.

ETA: Apparently I was too slow.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Where on the lower is the best place to engrave?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just put the caliber and barrel length of the first upper you get for it. As long as you don't permanently alter the firearm, you can 'temporarily' modify it all you want with other uppers in whatever caliber you like.
View Quote
Alter it permanently if you want. There's no "temporary vs permanent" language that would prevent you from changing the firearm after your initial build.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you engrave your trust name and city, state on the receiver if it's marked multi, because your caliber will be on the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you engrave your trust name and city, state on the receiver if it's marked multi, because your caliber will be on the barrel?
View Quote
Yes, I would say that is how most people do it.  Name, City, State added to lower, and then rely on the existing caliber marking on the barrel to satisfy the requirements if the lower itself says "multi".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top