Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
I just picked up a Phitz mandolin case to use a single rifle case for my SBR and braced Scorpion Evo (about to become an SBR).  I haven't seen pics of guns in this type of case, so I thought I'd post them here.

For $18, shipped, I'm pretty happy.  Its padded all the way around and seems more than sturdy enough to hold a Scorpion and 5 mags.  I wouldn't check it in an airliner, but from house-car-range-etc. transport I think it'll work great.

Shown is my braced Scorpion (25.5" OAL) with a CZ 30-rounder and my SBR'd AR-15 (26.75" OAL, collapsed).  The Scorpion fits like it was made for it, the SBR is a tight fit.  With the optic hanging out like that on the SBR, I think it'd be extra careful how I toss it around.

I was going to get some Kaizen foam to pad the inside, but it holds it so well I don't think I'd need to.  This is a pretty sweet little case and very discreet.  SBRs/braced pistols are fun!!!

William
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
One of these folding AR grips would make some room for the optic: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/929571/fab-defense-folding-pistol-grip-ar-15-synthetic-black

A LaRue or similar QD mount for the optic would also make room.

So, what is the length of the barrel on your SBR? I think my 10.5" would fit with a thread protector. Tuck the direct thread suppressor in the outside pocket...
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of these folding AR grips would make some room for the optic: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/929571/fab-defense-folding-pistol-grip-ar-15-synthetic-black

A LaRue or similar QD mount for the optic would also make room.

So, what is the length of the barrel on your SBR? I think my 10.5" would fit with a thread protector. Tuck the direct thread suppressor in the outside pocket...
View Quote
It's a 10.3" barrel with a slightly longer than A2 linear comp and a Magpul SL-K stock.  Probably pretty darn close to a 10.5 with a thread protector and a normal stock.

William
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
AR needs a 20rd aluminum mag.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
AR needs a 20rd aluminum mag.  
View Quote

20 round PMAG?

The SBR fits much better in this orientation.

William
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a phitz 3/4 Guitar case in coyote for under $18 shipped
Should be nice for a 16" gun
I have a small phitz case I use for my Scorpion evo
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
That'll work! And thanks for the length info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ordered a phitz 3/4 Guitar case in coyote for under $18 shipped
Should be nice for a 16" gun
I have a small phitz case I use for my Scorpion evo
View Quote
When you get it I'd appreciate info on how things fit. Might be perfect for a 10.5" with a suppressor.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When you get it I'd appreciate info on how things fit. Might be perfect for a 10.5" with a suppressor.

JPK
View Quote
should be more than enough room
Shows 37" interior. My 11.5" with SOCOM mini is like 33"
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes then. My 10.5" with Omega DT and flat end cap is 31 5/8". Would fit my 11.5" with ULT I think.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes then. My 10.5" with Omega DT and flat end cap is 31 5/8". Would fit my 11.5" with ULT I think.

JPK
View Quote
Should be nice with the shoulder straps and front pocket for mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top