Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2017 10:22:37 AM EDT
I bought a Rise Armament trigger originally, but it had fitment issues in my Aero Precision lower.

Suggestions for a trigger for my SBR?  Nicest trigger I have is an ALG ACT so I'd like to splurge a little bit and get something better.

Here's one suggestion I've gotten so far:

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Geissele SSA for a Crane Naval Surface Warfare Lab approved two stage 2.5lbx2lb win, or save some bucks and get the same crispness and weights in a less expensive version, the G2S. I have both an can't tell them apart, even when I try.

Listed at Geissele for $240 and $165 respectively.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Single stage 3.5lb CMC trigger is great. It's a self contained easy drop in unit. Can be had on sale for under $150
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my ACT and G2S
My buddy has a few SSA/SSA-E triggers which are pretty awesome but I have a hard time justifying the price
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've sdc in most of mine. I do have a sde in my noveske barreled 11.5 though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
SD-E in all of my ARs, SBR and precision.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I pulled my Geissele and put in an ALG QMS in my SBR lower when I was trying to penny pinch to fund a new project without drawing too much unwanted attention and while it is definitely heavier, it hasn't caused any practical differences.  Groups the same and isn't really any slower in my estimation (haven't put it on a timer).  So, depending on how much you want to spend and what your are doing with the rifle (general use or competition), I wouldn't have any problems with an ALG.  Other than that, the SSA is awesome and the G2S is a great trigger too for a little less $.  I don't like the SSA-E in a defensive rifle... it is really light (which can be awesome in certain circumstances) but i personally wouldn't want to have an accident just because I had to have a Gucci trigger in my rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
HIPERFIRE 24c
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Geissele is what you seek. Pick your flavor based on needs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an 11.5" BCM upper on an AERO lower and my Larue MBT dropped right in and has been great.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Geissele SD3G flat bow 3.5#
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Geissele SSA.
If you don't have the scratch, the G2S.

Both perform identically, and superbly.

Primary Arms has some awesome Geissele deals regularly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for all the feedback.

Sounds like the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S and Geissele G2S are best fit my needs for the price.

Thoughts on one vs the other?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I have sd-c trigger in my 11.5, have MBT in two other guns, and sd-e in my other.  If I was to buy one on budget it when be a MBT.  I like the straight bow triggers and would pick up another sd-c if they were on sale and didn't have the MBT already.  I should add I took out a g2s out of one gun and replaced it with a MBT.  It didn't seem that refined to me as the sde, mbt or the sdc.

Triggers are personal so you will have to figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
It literally took me a hour to dry fire every trigger, in every demo Rainier Arms had sit up.

I chose a Timney with no regrets.

Moral of the story...shop around and try out as many as you can.

Do I remember a fitment issue post with your Aero lower?

It so it sounds like a easy fix
(to trigger "housing" NOT LOWER)
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Replaced my RISE with LaRue.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Geissele is the best, SSA-E is my favorite but SSA will be nice too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Amazing trigger.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]
SSA
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sounds like the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S and Geissele G2S are best fit my needs for the price.

View Quote
Geissele is better
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Geissele is better
View Quote
Any reason why?

No offense but it seems like Geissele has a large fan club here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Geissele is the standard by which all other AR triggers are judged.

That doesn't mean (to me) that there aren't equally good or even better triggers out there though.

Like Geissele triggers are the benchmark, LaRue QD mounts are a benchmark, but there are others that do the job as well, and sometimes for less $s.

I would try a LaRue trigger in a shop if I could. But, since I know the SSA and the G2S if I was looking for a less expensive option I would go with the G2S for the difference. The G2S is $165 off the Geissele website, I suspect it can be found cheaper (and maybe the LaRue can be too) but for the $35 difference I would go with what I know.

FWIW, I am a fan of two stage triggers on ARs. Light single stage triggers on rifles designed for and potentially used for close quick shooting don't make sense to me when a good two stage with the 2.5lb first stage and 2lb second stage can be shot as accurately.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Geisseles are great and guaranteed to do well.

BUT

With all the new companies making excellent triggers that drop-in.....it gives Geissele a run for their money.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I run a MBT in the 11.5" SBR. I have a couple MBTs now. I prefer the pull and shape. Geissele triggers are just as good but are slightly different. Shooter preference.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Geissele is better
View Quote
Not when it comes to the G2S. I hate the pin retainer clip on those.

The MBT would be my choice between those two.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been happy with SSA-E on my scoped rifles and SD3G on my SBRs. Heard some ppl prefer the MBT over SSA-E. Pick either one or both up in the EE, if you don't like it resell it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the difference is personal preference, and about $50 bucks.  I've got LT MBTs in almost all my AR's now, and my SBR was the first to get one
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think the difference is personal preference, and about $50 bucks.  I've got LT MBTs in almost all my AR's now, and my SBR was the first to get one
View Quote
Have you had the G2S? If so, comments on the differences?

JPK
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

JPK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK
I have both of them. They are equal in my mind, and I would suggest either in a heartbeat. G2S go on sale for about $130 and the MBT is around $99 on sale.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

JPK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK
I've got to shoot one a few times, on a buddies gun.  Honestly I would need way more trigger time to compare the 2.  I do like the fact that the MBT is very consistent from one trigger/rifle to another.  I'm sure the G2S is as well, but when you start buying 5 triggers cost makes a difference
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I have 5 LaRue triggers...bought 3 when they were $99.  They are very nice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I have both MBTs and Geisseles SSA-Es and a SD-2G. I prefer the break of the SSA-Es the best, but I like the feel of the MBTs trigger bow the best. It feels very substantial.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've got to shoot one a few times, on a buddies gun.  Honestly I would need way more trigger time to compare the 2.  I do like the fact that the MBT is very consistent from one trigger/rifle to another.  I'm sure the G2S is as well, but when you start buying 5 triggers cost makes a difference
View Quote
Thanks for your thoughts. The cumulative cost is exactly why I asked how they compared.

And yes, the Geisseles are consistent. I have one SSA and the others are G2s. If I try to pick out the SSA I have trouble, but can do it if I pay attention. It is a little crisper, as I recall sitting here writing this, but in the field, or even at the bench there really isn't a practical difference.

Think I will try the LaRue.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have both of them. They are equal in my mind, and I would suggest either in a heartbeat. G2S go on sale for about $130 and the MBT is around $99 on sale.
View Quote
Thanks for your comparison, helps with my next trigger choice. I'm sure it helps the OP too.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Jardinc.com

I have their top adjustable single stage
1.5lb crisp break, whatever you like for trigger pull.  Mine is set to almost no take up and no over travel. Everyone who has pulled it loves it.  $172.45 shipped. I love it. If it is a self defense gun you might prefer the non adjustable version for fear of failure.  Mine has about 1k rds through it so far and the adjustments have never moved with them blue locktited
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#36]
i put a CMC trigger on my CMMG MK4 300AAC 8.5" SBR.  it really works well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I have an MBT in my 9mm sbr and a G2S in my 5.56 SBR. They both perform well but the G2S is more comfortable to shoot for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Larue MBT
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
My 11.5" BCM came with the BCM PNT and I think its a great trigger. If not that I like my Geissele SSA's. I am going to have to try the LaRue to weigh in on those.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any reason why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele is better
Any reason why?

To put it simply, they're better  

G has More pronounced/differentiated first and second stages.  "Easier" to get to the 2nd stage and put your reticle on target and pull thru the break.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele is better

I don't have a g2s, so Idk.

I really liked my MBT when I got it.  I even thought it might be better than my geisseles.  Now, a year later or so, some of the newness/novelty has worn off and I have much more time to compare..  which has re-cemented the Geissele at the top.  The MBT is definitely a very good/excellent trigger..  It's just not as good as geissele which is nearly perfect.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This. Amazing trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. Amazing trigger.
Another vote for the SD3G.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Any love for the RRA National Match 2-stage?

Also, if it was found in a full LPK for $115, basically making the trigger like $45, would that change your mind? lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any love for the RRA National Match 2-stage?

Also, if it was found in a full LPK for $115, basically making the trigger like $45, would that change your mind? lol
View Quote
Not even for free.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Why not?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Geissele SSA or SD-C
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why not?
View Quote
In high volume carbine courses, trainers have seen countless RRA triggers fail.  I'll try to dig up one of the older threads.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
HIPERFIRE 24c
View Quote
Correct answer.  However, if on a budget, the larues are nice for $100 when on sale.

(I have all Geissele types; CMC; Larue; rise; and several gunsmith trigger jobs.  Hyperfire wins.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Wilson Combat TR-TTU or TR-TTU-M2 depending on one stage or two.  Yeah, it costs a little more but they are by far the best triggers I have ever used.  The first time I had my gunsmith work on one of my lowers, when he gave it back he said the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#50]
What caliber are you building your SBR in?  (hope that I didn't miss it somewhere)  But some of the triggers listed are not reliable in 9 mm, that's the reason I ask.  I checked with CMC and they did not recommend their triggers with 9mm.  Neither did the RRA National Match triggers.  Just a thought!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top