Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 8:40:17 AM EDT
Got my first stamp in and I'd like a 5.56 upper fast without breaking the bank as I save for my grail 6.5 Grendel SBR upper. I found this upper...

Radical Firearms 10.5" with 10" M-LOK rail

I have also looked at the PSA 10.5" uppers and I am unsure of what is the better upper. I already have a stainless PSA that I have been very happy with so I am perfectly OK with them. I plan on this upper being a blaster so I am very cost conscious. I like the Radical because it's made in Texas and I like the 10" rail versus the 9", but again it's not a deal breaker.

Now I just need Faxon or BA to start stocking the 12.5" Grendel barrels.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 10.5 from radical. Mine has the older moe handguard and stainless barrel. Do make sure to loctite the gas block set screws. Mine loosened up on 5he 1st outing. Other than that, its been good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 10.5 from radical. Mine has the older moe handguard and stainless barrel. Do make sure to loctite the gas block set screws. Mine loosened up on 5he 1st outing. Other than that, its been good.
View Quote
Thanks!

I may have found a problem though. It looks like a Griffin Armament comp would be a touch under the hand guard. This means I couldn't snug up my suppressor. Is your hand guard 10"? If so are the threads in front of the hand guard? 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone else have any experience with a 10.5" barrel and 10" hand guard? How much variation is there? Might just get a barrel and upper and build it up if it's an issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks!

I may have found a problem though. It looks like a Griffin Armament comp would be a touch under the hand guard. This means I couldn't snug up my suppressor. Is your hand guard 10"? If so are the threads in front of the hand guard? 
View Quote
Close to 10". Ends right where the threads start. Even then my guess is it would have the same problem. You could always get a shorter handguard or shorten the one it comes with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Close to 10". Ends right where the threads start. Even then my guess is it would have the same problem. You could always get a shorter handguard or shorten the one it comes with.
View Quote
Thank you for checking. I am tempted to try it out because there will be just a smidge of offset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top