Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:26:16 PM EDT
On 7/12, just prior to the new rules on trusts, I sent in apps for one Form 4 and five Form 1s.

Two or three weeks ago I called the NFA just on a whim, not expecting an approval.  I only checked one serial number and it was being processed.  I stopped there.

Today I saw a guy get an approval for paper forms close to my date, so I thought, why not call.

I did, and a nice woman named Laura helped me out. I told her I had several submissions and checked on one number and she said it was in the system but not approved yet and they were working on June.  I said there was no need to check on the other numbers but she said she didn't mind, so I listed them.

One of the Form 1s was not in the system!  

I wrote a check for the Form 4, and it cleared.  I put the Form 1s on my credit card and the ATF charged me for all five.

So, I have left a message for her and am waiting for her to call back with instructions on where to send proof of payment.

I know a lot of guys say, "Submit the forms and forget about them until your stamp shows up in the mail (or email).

Glad I checked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow that sucks. Good thing you caught it.

Wonder if that form 1 will be approved with the others of if the time will start over?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I call once a month, every month. Almost every person who's checked the staus of my submissions has been great. Luckily no issues yet.  Figure it keeps them employed..... Hate the system, but the people seem to be AOK.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
On 7/12, just prior to the new rules on trusts, I sent in apps for one Form 4 and five Form 1s.

Two or three weeks ago I called the NFA just on a whim, not expecting an approval.  I only checked one serial number and it was being processed.  I stopped there.

Today I saw a guy get an approval for paper forms close to my date, so I thought, why not call.

I did, and a nice woman named Laura helped me out. I told her I had several submissions and checked on one number and she said it was in the system but not approved yet and they were working on June.  I said there was no need to check on the other numbers but she said she didn't mind, so I listed them.

One of the Form 1s was not in the system!  

I wrote a check for the Form 4, and it cleared.  I put the Form 1s on my credit card and the ATF charged me for all five.

So, I have left a message for her and am waiting for her to call back with instructions on where to send proof of payment.

I know a lot of guys say, "Submit the forms and forget about them until your stamp shows up in the mail (or email).

Glad I checked.
View Quote
Uh oh. Hopefully mine didn't go that way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow that sucks. Good thing you caught it.

Wonder if that form 1 will be approved with the others of if the time will start over?
View Quote
Laura made it sound like they would treat me right, but I 'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotta imagine some things slip through the cracks, it being the .gov and the volume of docs they receive.

I call a few weeks after submission and cashing just to check the date it goes pending, just to make sure it's in there safe. They don't care that there are many many months until your approval happens, they'll just kindly give you the pending date.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#8]
What did she tell you? I'm calling tomorrow to make sure there is no hiccup 
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a call back from Laura this morning.  She found my Form 1 and all is well.

Mistake was on my end.  When I gave her the serial number I gave her "KA1" when it should have been "KAI."
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a call back from Laura this morning.  She found my Form 1 and all is well.

Mistake was on my end.  When I gave her the serial number I gave her "KA1" when it should have been "KAI."
View Quote
I called this morning and mine has officially been pending since Aug 30th. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top