Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 3:57:33 PM EDT
So I hit 8 months and decided to give them a call. The ATF examiner asked for my number which I gave and they said they couldn't find it. Repeated a few more times and same thing. I mentioned when I put it in and he told me to check back at the end of the month or early April.

I am just checking have you ever had this happen?

The ATF took my payment within a few days of the form 1 hitting so I know they have my money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Payments are processed by BOA and then forwarded/mailed on. Could have gotten lost in a stack or not entered correctly. Thats rough.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Payments are processed by BOA and then forwarded/mailed on. Could have gotten lost in a stack or not entered correctly. Thats rough.
View Quote
So I checked my statements. The payment was taken 8/29/2016 via CC.

The lady I spoke to said to check back first week in April to see. It usually takes 5 months for it to transfer over as far as the serial number. That would have been late Dec early Jan.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on your SN and who you talk to, they may be searching for it wrong.

I had an ATF phone rep swear that my item was not in their system. It turns out that 'i' and 'o' are entered as '1' and '0'. My SN had one of those in it, and the rep, not knowing better, was using the letters in the search field. 

Now that I think of it, doesn't this speak to the NFA accuracy? Technically, the SN registered for these devices does not match what they entered in their system and approved.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Depending on your SN and who you talk to, they may be searching for it wrong.

I had an ATF phone rep swear that my item was not in their system. It turns out that 'i' and 'o' are entered as '1' and '0'. My SN had one of those in it, and the rep, not knowing better, was using the letters in the search field. 

Now that I think of it, doesn't this speak to the NFA accuracy? Technically, the SN registered for these devices does not match what they entered in their system and approved.
View Quote
There is a - in between the serial number should I have included that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think that a dash is important... unless it was originally entered by their new intern La-A.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
They probably have not even gotten to it yet....
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
ATF ignores "dashes".
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
So most likely no issue?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They probably have not even gotten to it yet....
View Quote
There was a huge increase in form 1 and form 4's 8 months ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There was a huge increase in form 1 and form 4's 8 months ago.
View Quote
I was among those. 

All I want to know for peace of mind is the serial number is in fact there and pending. 

Right now the fact he checked 3 times and couldn't find anything has me concerned.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a suppressor that they said was not in the system when I called after 6 months or so.  My dealer called at least twice to try and figure out what happened.  A few weeks later the approved form four showed up at the dealer.  It had a tear and was wrinkled like it ran into trouble in some machine.  Maybe, you will get lucky and it will show up unexpected and approved too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top