Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 1:07:22 PM EDT
Ok, I've decided to build a 10/22SBR ( pocket rifle style) going with a folding stock and 6" barrel. I have a stock to measure  for Overall length but no short barrel. My understanding is that only around 5" of a 6" barrel sticks out past the stock 10/22 receiver is that correct? Thanks trying to get all the correct measurements for my paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, I've decided to build a 10/22SBR ( pocket rifle style) going with a folding stock and 6" barrel. I have a stock to measure  for Overall length but no short barrel. My understanding is that only around 5" of a 6" barrel sticks out past the stock 10/22 receiver is that correct? Thanks trying to get all the correct measurements for my paperwork.
View Quote

Dunno.  Just mock it up with a barrel you already have of known length, and subtract from that length whatever it takes to get to 6".  That's your OAL.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It really doesn't matter. Take a guess
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
My 6" barreled 10/22 has 5.25" of barrel sticking out past the front of the receiver without the thread protector.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thanks for the info.

I plan on buying a lite-weight 6" fluted/threaded bull barrel (Whistle Pig Acculite)  or cutting back standard bull barrel to 6". Going to customize a fab defense folder stock  I already have on a 10/22, then have it "dipped" so it looks like a fully factory made stock. Going to be a long wait for stamp right now but I guess sooner I send in the paper work the faster I will get the stamp back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, barrel shank is 3/4".
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, thanks for the info.

I plan on buying a lite-weight 6" fluted/threaded bull barrel (Whistle Pig Acculite)  or cutting back standard bull barrel to 6". Going to customize a fab defense folder stock  I already have on a 10/22, then have it "dipped" so it looks like a fully factory made stock. Going to be a long wait for stamp right now but I guess sooner I send in the paper work the faster I will get the stamp back.
View Quote

I have that barrel and I've been very happy with it.  It makes my 10/22 comically light. My pocket rifle is the most fun gun to shoot that I own.

I'm also right there with you on the Form 1.  I'm abut to submit the paperwork on my CZ scorpion, and I'm wondering if I'm going to see the stamp before I die.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, I haven't talked to anyone that owns that barrel so I was wondering about it. I've be been thinking real hard of Form 1 my Browning T- Bolt also love that rimfire rifle best 22 bolt I've ever own overall personally and I own most all of them LOL. I just like its features trigger,weight,stock, tang safety,accuracy etc etc. cutting it back to 8-10" for use with thread-on cams would make it bad a@@.

Here is the stock I plan  to try first I see no reason it should cut back and work fine(needs to be cut barrel end side of tape). It's a a very nice feeling/construction stock design ,but it doesn't fit a full length .920 bull barrel perfect. Why would they make it that way I have no idea. It's made to fit a standard barrel or take out the insert and fit a Israel made integral barrel that's like 1.25" I was told.

If it will not work I have several bulter creek folders I can adapt.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
5.5" barrel

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top