Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 12:51:17 PM EDT
I'm about to submit my first F1 and want to make sure everything is squared away so as to not encounter any setbacks because of paperwork errors.  The sticky in the General NFA sub says to put original manufacturer as it is engraved on the lower.  When I look at the SilencerCo example F4's they show the original manufacturer as Silencerco, LLC even though the LLC isn't engraved on their suppressors.  I figure F1 and F4 follow same regulations in regards to submitting names for original manufacturers on forms.

The lower I am submitting the form for is only marked with "AXTS Salem, OR" (as shown below)--however, their offical name is (or used to be) AXTS Weapons Systems.  On my F1 box 4a should I submit it as:

AXTS Weapons Systems
Salem, OR

or

AXTS
Salem, OR

Thanks for any help

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
btm7687
wherever, tx

You're the manufacturer and will need to engrave however you identify yourself.

My F1s all identify my LLC as the original manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
btm7687
wherever, tx

View Quote

I was under the impression that info (Trust name and city/state of "maker") went under 4h

My attorney prefilled my F1 for me and this is how he did it--however when he asked me who made the lower I couldn't remember what was on the lower at the time and just said AXTS Weapons (which wasn't correct)
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
On every one I've ever done where I converted an existing firearm (as you're doing), I supplied the original manufacturer's name & location as engraved on the firearm.
View Quote

Me too, following your advice, and it has worked 100%.

JPK
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

JPK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On every one I've ever done where I converted an existing firearm (as you're doing), I supplied the original manufacturer's name & location as engraved on the firearm.

JPK
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do--didn't know but someone forwarded me to where I could look up their license and they are actually listed as AXTS INC  I will leave it as marked on the receiver with AXTS Salem, OR
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Listing what's engraved is a great policy.

The reason it may be different is the manufacturer could have a marking variance approved by ATF.

The place you can lookup all FFL licensees (except C&R) is FFLeZcheck. Just enter any complete FFL and you can download a large txt file containing all of them with addresses, phone numbers, and trade names.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
btm7687
wherever, tx

View Quote

You are the "maker", not the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are the "maker", not the manufacturer.
View Quote

What he said.

Maker and Manufacturer are 2 different things. Maker is unlicensed and must wait until their approved  Form 1 is received before they can make the NFA item. Manufacturer is licensed (FFL/SOT) and uses a Form 2 to notify ATF that the have manufactured an NFA item.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top