Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 3:22:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I really wish the ACR would grow in popularity and aftermarket. That SBR looks great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really wish the ACR would grow in popularity and aftermarket. That SBR looks great.
View Quote
This will be the year of the ACR comeback.  Watch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting choice going with 1913, not mlok
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah....
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
$2250

Ouch
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$2250

Ouch
View Quote

We saw 16" guns down to about $1400, right? Tack on another couple hundred for a barrel chop
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based on what?  

I like the ACR well enough but it is all but dead. An SBR variant won't do much of anything to pull if from the grave. We need forend options, caliber change kits, mag well options, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Based on what?  

I like the ACR well enough but it is all but dead. An SBR variant won't do much of anything to pull if from the grave. We need forend options, caliber change kits, mag well options, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what?  

Caliber change kits were released again at SHOT this year.  If they do mag wells too it'll probably come back, at least more than it is now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Caliber change kits were released again at SHOT this year.  If they do mag wells too it'll probably come back, at least more than it is now.
View Quote

I went to SHOT in 2010 and they had a number of variants on display. Back then Bushmaster was saying the caliber kits were coming first quarter of 2011. Next SHOT I attended was 2012. No mention of barrel kits. No ACR variants on display at all.  

Unless I'm mistaken Remington has halted further development on the .gov variant. Sad, really. The ACR has some interesting features and would be a great rifle with some weight reduction and a few other enhancements.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see an expensive factory SBR being a comeback product. If Bushmaster wants to reignite the gun they need to fire up the base. Sell barrels in various lengths and calibers for those who've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Same goes for furniture and forends.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
$1400? I might buy one at that price but all I ever them at is $1700 ish.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope the ACR makes a comeback but I think they need to knock it down to 1400.00-1600 and mlok the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know if while in prone with lots of pressure on the mag is fixed?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if while in prone with lots of pressure on the mag is fixed?
View Quote

I thought I was the only one who's ever had that problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top