Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 6:48:39 PM EDT
Those of you with SBRs, which would you choose for an SBR? SIG MPX, HK MP-5 clone or a CZ Scorpion EVO 3? I am planning on doing one in the near future and wanted some feedback from those who have them
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Those of you with SBRs, which would you choose for an SBR? SIG MPX, HK MP-5 clone or a CZ Scorpion EVO 3? I am planning on doing one in the near future and wanted some feedback from those who have them
View Quote

Maybe @Engineer has one but I'm not sure of a ton of people with all three.
All have pros and cons
What's important to you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have all 3.  I use the MPX the most.  MPX is really soft shooting and the with the FA BFS its freakin fun to shoot.  I hate the front "hood" when using a red dot with low mount on the MP5(full size).  The recoil on the Scorpion is the harshest of the 3 and the stock trigger sucks....got really spoiled with the awesome selection of AR triggers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a zenith mp-5 and CZ scorpion both SBR's and I have to give it to the mp-5 in terms of fun and overall cool factor.  But if you want to keep it on the less expensive side the CZ is also excellent.  Can't speak to the MPX
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have an evo but I have a sp5k(need to sbr but I've shot hk sbrs before) and a sbr'd sig mpx.

If I had to have just one I'd say mpx. AR controls and ar fire control group. Second part is important as my stock trigger wasn't good. For a good full sized hk clone you will end up paying more than the sig.

The HK clone market has gotten a lot better but you still have some quality issues. Even a bunch of the cheaper third party mags can have issues. Now if HK was to release the hk94 to the us market it might be different.

Nice thing with the mpx is that it is made in the US so no 922r crap to deal with too.

My mpx not showing its trijicon red dot or larue trigger(which I just got and need to install).

TSC cut the barrel down and threaded the 3lug over it(vs on the end). They gave it some color too. In that pic it is wearing my octane 45 suppressor as the octane 9 is still pending that it will wear full time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe @Engineer has one but I'm not sure of a ton of people with all three.
All have pros and cons
What's important to you?
View Quote

Yes, I have all three as well as a few 9mm AR SBRs

As Brad mentioned, they all have pros and cons. Some of the detractors aren't related to the firearms themselves, but with the way the company has handled issues with the firearm.

If I had to pick two, it would be the MP5 and the MPX. If I had to pick only one, logically, it would come down to the MPX. However, I still have nostalgic feelings for the MP5.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with the MP5 family because of the mechanical operation of the gun (roller-delayed blowback system). It's excellent. And, as always...the others will never be "an MP5". No regrets here, and plans for K, SD, and full size MP5s.

If you want something more "modern" than the MP5, the B&T APC-9 is the other gun I would look at.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If you will get a suppressor I would go mp5. I have an AR9 and an mp5 and the mp5 is quieter suppressed and less shit blown back in my face.

I also have scorpion but haven't shot it yet, expecting stamp for sbr next month.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.............I guess I kinda like the nostalgia of the MP-5 as well, and having shot a Class III one in Vegas, as well as the Scorpion, it got me wanting one.
        As for what's important, I want one that is reliable.......I have heard various issues with each gun and how the mfgs have handled those issues, and I like the MPX a lot, but after hearing some of the problems people have had with SIG, it worries me that I might buy the MPX and then SIG might decide to abandon it for a different design...............I'm sure there is no "best" one of the three, but I am looking hard at those three and the APC9 as well...............keep the replies coming
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Scorpion EVO and MP5K clone (Zenith Z-5P), both SBR'd.

As mentioned previously, the EVO has sharper recoil, but it's still fun to shoot. My MP5K clone, now that's my baby. Super smooth operator. It goes to the range with me EVERY time! I've been fixing for an MPX, but funds are currently allocated elsewhere. Truth be told, I will probably get a fullsize MP5 before I spend the same coin on an MPX.

I say you can't go wrong with the MP5 series of rifles, that and parts availability is hard to beat for it right now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of those 3, I only have the MP5 clone.

I would recommend {drumroll}... an MP5 clone! 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again for the replies............after some thought, and speaking with Ron of Henderson Defense, I think I will most likely go with the Zenith HK clone
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks again for the replies............after some thought, and speaking with Ron of Henderson Defense, I think I will most likely go with the Zenith HK clone
View Quote

Ron is a man who knows his stuff without a doubt. You'll love it. Like a poster above mentioned, mine comes to the range with me every time. It's the only gun I have that I can say that about.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ron is a man who knows his stuff without a doubt. You'll love it. Like a poster above mentioned, mine comes to the range with me every time. It's the only gun I have that I can say that about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His insight and comments about them sold me.......now as soon as my bonus comes, I shall have one.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top