Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 1:08:33 AM EDT
I have a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 and approved F1
I will install the CZ 922r compliance kit with buttstock. The kit included 6 replacement parts that pertains to 922r compliance. The pertaining ATF parts count was 16, including buttstock.
Attachment Attached File

Remove and replace with USA made parts:
Muzzle attachment - 1 
Trigger - 62
Disconnector - 64
Pistol grip - 23
Follower - 73 (2 each)
Floorplate - 71 (2 each)

The buttstock-83 was included in the kit, though included in the parts count pertaining to 922r per ATF.

16 parts subtracting the 6 replaced leaves 10 parts making it compliant?

I've heard conflicting info on the parts count, this concerning the buttstock.
Does anyone have solid info on the parts count or any ATF, NFA, or GCA rules I could be overlooking? 

As I can ascertain at this point it is 10 parts or less, and is 922r compliant.

Of course there are domestically made stocks, though I would rather not buy another. The CZ stock is the correct stock for this gun. 

Thanks 
Bishop3
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The oem stock is not made in the US and therefore does not count towards 922r conplaince. That's the reason cz includes seven parts. The diagram shows what the atf has decided can be replaced towards 922r compliance, so an alternative stock that is US made can be used towards compliance.

Internet advise is worth exactly what it cost you though. I'd give cz directly a call to confirm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You know there is a 200+ page about the scorpion in the PCC forum, right?  The purpose of the 922r kit is to be compliant with 922r thus you will meet the parts count if you install everything except the butt stock.  The butt stock is not part of the 922r count because it is not made in the US. They are assuming you SBR the gun and want the original factory stock. You can buy after market butt stocks if you want that to count towards your required count.  You need 6 parts which is listed and discussed in the above mentioned 200+ page thread.

You can buy the new magazines Manitore manufactured for the Prepper Gun Store which adds more towards your count (body of the magazine is an additional count instead of just the follower and base plate you get in the 922r kit). You can buy the CZ custom trigger pack and gain another part there too (hammer is additional part not included in the 922r compliance kit).

Yes, I have a SBR scorpion too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know there is a 200+ page about the scorpion in the PCC forum, right?  The purpose of the 922r kit is to be compliant with 922r thus you will meet the parts count if you install everything except the butt stock.  The butt stock is not part of the 922r count because it is not made in the US. They are assuming you SBR the gun and want the original factory stock. You can buy after market butt stocks if you want that to count towards your required count.  You need 6 parts which is listed and discussed in the above mentioned 200+ page thread.

You can buy the new magazines Manitore manufactured for the Prepper Gun Store which adds more towards your count (body of the magazine is an additional count instead of just the follower and base plate you get in the 922r kit). You can buy the CZ custom trigger pack and gain another part there too (hammer is additional part not included in the 922r compliance kit).

Yes, I have a SBR scorpion too.
View Quote

Yes, I was most aware of the 200+ page Scorpion thread.
Though, I chose to cross post the question here specifically in SBRs on 922r compliance. Aside from an ATF Form 1, I haven't had the 922r question before. I needed to cover all my bases. The CZ forum offered clarificatin on the 922r kit too.
I certainly appreciate the informational resources available on AR15.com, and do take advantage.

The CZ custom trigger pack includes the a 'sear' too.
I will be buying a few of the Manticore Scorpion mags for sure.  

Thanks for your comment.

Bishop3
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
In terms of 922r compliance the cz trigger pack will net you the trigger and the sear. If you pick up their disconnector you can also get another 922r part as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top