Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2017 9:03:08 PM EDT
I purchased 2 lowers and uppers. They are aero brand.  First one is going to be a .300 blackout with 8.3" ballistic advantage barrel and the second will be a 5.56 10.5" barrel.  Both firearms will have the magpul ubr gen 2 stock on them (when they are available) with the max 12.5" length that the specs state on magpuls website.  I know that you have to measure it fully extended but do I measure from the end of the butt stock extended to the end of the threads on my upper receiver that the barrel gets attached to and add the length of the barrel such as the 8.3 and 10.5"?  Please help I just want to be certain I have the correct length before I submit my form ones. Thanks  
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The method you describe will be fine.  Technically you will be a little over reality just a tad, but the ATF doesn't need exact measurements, you just have to get close.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If you plan on using a conventional stock (non PDW)

Barrel length + 19" = OAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top