Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2016 10:50:48 AM EDT
So I won a 14.5" .223 Wylde barrel with a pistol gas system. It was my understanding that pistol gas systems are better for a short barrel and this would cause overgassing, excessive recoils and increased wear. Short of using a different barrel, what would my best options for using this barrel be? Heavier buffer spring? Heavier buffer? Both? Adjustable gas block? (never used one so I'm not sure about how they work). I have a full auto BCG. Also, I do reload my own ammo so I could tailor some ammo specifically for this barrel. What is my intended use for this build. Well, I was going to build a .300 BLK pistol when I won this barrel so I figured I would build this one first and later do the .300BLK build. So basically, I would just use this for 100 yard plinking. I might have a muzzle device permanently attached so I can do it as a rifle and not SBR.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Who makes the barrel? I thought only 300 blk barrels used pistol gas on 10.5" and longer, I would prefer to have carbine or mid length on a 14.5" 223 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I once asked the guy who makes the barrels he sells and he won't divulge the info. The only marking is on the top of the barrel near the muzzle that is: .223 WYLDE 1:8 USA. Yeah, I was thinking the same and can't even find another site that sells this configuration.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Cut and crown at 7.5 and move on with life.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut and crown at 7.5 and move on with life.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing, that's the only 5.56 pistol gas configuration I would want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top