Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2016 3:43:00 PM EDT
Nov 23rd my form 1 was approved for a AR-9 9mm sbr. I finished up assembly this morning. I got the 1 in 10 twist 8" barrel, BCG and 80% Glock Mag lower from NFA in Las Vegas. The upper is a stripped unit from CDNN that I assembled. It fits the NFA lower very well. The lower has a PSA LPK that I had in the safe. I'm waiting on some G17 mags to arrive from CDNN so I can take it out and test it. I currently have a carbine buffer and spring and will see how it functions with it. Should I consider a different buffer?

I did the engraving myself with an old panto-graph that I modified specifically to engrave my 80% lower builds with. The rail is a cheap POS that I bought before I knew what a good rail was. Since this is mostly a range toy I decided to use it. It was 10" so I cut about 3" off of the end and installed it. I had to fabricate a barrel nut wrench for it as my standard wrench didn't fit it.

I also got an approved from 1 for a suppressor the same day. I need to start amassing the parts for the suppressor build after Christmas. I plan on building a .40 SW upper for use this lower in the future.

Cost Break down:

CDNN Upper $49.99
NFA 8" 9mm barrel $104.99
80% NFA Glock Mag Lower $129.99
NFA Glock/Colt Compatible 9mm BCG $179.99
NFA Blow Back Buffer Spacer $7.99
9mm Bird Cage Flash hider $8.99
Charging Handle $15.99
6 Position Carbine Stock Kit $39.99
LPK $49.99
Upper Parts Kit $19.99
Rifle Supply Free Float Rail $44.99

Rifle Total $652.89

4 Glock 17 Mags $75.96

Grand Total $728.85

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Highly recommend a 9mm specific buffer and spring.  Check here: http://heavybuffers.com/9q.html

Also, get a tool steel bolt catch for when the psa LPK bolt catch breaks. (9mm ar's are notorious for breaking the standard ones.)

I would also look at ETS glock mags.  They have run flawlessly in mine and are cheap in price.  PSA had been running a special for 10 mags and 500 rounds of 115gr 9mm for $200 (keep an eye out for it to return if it isnt available now).  The mags alone are typically $20 each.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The build is nice, but that barrel nut wrench is really nice.  Your attention to detail is fabulous.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, congrats. I'll be great with the suppressor you build.

JPK
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL

Op, you may have went a little overboard on your hand guard tool.

But that said, nicely done!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL

Op, you may have went a little overboard on your hand guard tool.

But that said, nicely done!
View Quote

I'm a machinist and have access to awesome tools. The barrel nut will fail before my wrench will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top