Odin works

ETA: pics

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Odin works

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3293_zpsrgoygpmr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3293_zpsrgoygpmr.jpg</a>
View Quote

Please tell me more about your set-up.  What barrel length?  3 lug mount or direct thread? How is the clearance?

I have a 5 inch gun, going to 3 lug octane, and wondering if this hand guard would work or if I'll have to go with a 4 inch.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Odin works

View Quote

Thanks - nice carbine!

I agree it looks like Odin works, but it's shorter than the shortest handguard Odin Works makes (5.5"). The photo looks like a 4" or 4.5".

I'd easily believe that it's a cut down 5.5, but it doesn't look cut down either.

Did Odin Works make a 4" HG at some point in the past?

thanks
Thirtycal
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah! I found another photo of the same rifle:

Ah Ok it definitely is a shorter Odin Works. Notice it has only 7 'cutouts' and the 5.5" version has 10 cutouts.

So I guess I'll call Odin Works on Monday and see if they still sell that shorter version. I don't see it on their website.

thanks!
Thirtycal
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet!  Thanks ... not to hijack, but I was just about to start a thread asking about handguards for my 9mm SBR, and this looks perfect!  ID will fit my suppressors, too!

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well which one, the 5.5" or this apparently non-existed 4"-ish version?

I'm using a 5" TROS three-lug barrel. I want the end of the barrel to end beyond the handguard. For my application, that means the 5.5" Odin Works HG will be too long.

I sent an email to Odin Works asking if they have something shorter than the 5.5".

-Thirtycal
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm using a 5" TROS three-lug barrel. I want the end of the barrel to end beyond the handguard. For my application, that means the 5.5" Odin Works HG will be too long.

I sent an email to Odin Works asking if they have something shorter than the 5.5".

-Thirtycal
View Quote

Have you considered a 3 lug flash hider to give you a little more length?  The B&T vortex is a bit longer than the H&K.  See this thread.  Link

I'm the alternative, you could go with a 4 or 4.5 SLR intrepid rail.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Please tell me more about your set-up.  What barrel length?  3 lug mount or direct thread? How is the clearance?

I have a 5 inch gun, going to 3 lug octane, and wondering if this hand guard would work or if I'll have to go with a 4 inch.

Thanks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odin works

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3293_zpsrgoygpmr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3293_zpsrgoygpmr.jpg</a>

Thanks

5.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel, direct thread Form 1 suppressor. My intention was to run this gun suppressed full time, that's why I went with the Odin works rail, so that the can would fit inside the rail.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

-Thirtycal
View Quote

I'm probably going to go with the stock 5.5" one, I have a Ballistic advantage barrel (5.5" IIRC) and am planning on running a 3 lug as I've got a TiRant 45 and Omega 9k to swap between this and other hosts.

Probably won't shoot it unsuppressed except while I'm waiting on the cans to get out of jail.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh ya I've considered that, but I'm set on the TROS 5" barrel that has the integrated 3-lug. I want this so that 147g will stay subsonic. Not sure if I can guarantee subsonic with a longer barrel (due to the adapter). Maybe I'm wrong about this?

BTW, I just heard back from Odin Works. They did make that 4" handguard, as seen in the first photo I posted. However, they no longer make it. That's just plain sad. Now my best choice for a non-quad rail 4 or 4.5" rail is the SLR Solo, and those are out of stock...

Thirtycal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top