Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2016 1:14:13 PM EDT
Anyone have any good results with QC10 glock lower and ETS magazines? Tried running magpul glock mags through my build, and it couldn't run reliably. Runs excellent with glock mags. Been seeing the deals on PSA for like 10 ETS mags and ammo for the price of the mags themselves, but didn't want to buy 10 if they don't run right in my AR9. Thanks.

Update: I ordered 5 ETS mags (31 rounders) for use in my QC10 AR9. I qualified two at the range this weekend using several different types of ammo (mainly 147 gr HP). I shot around 200 rounds through these two mags without issue and LRBHO worked every time. I only loaded 30 rounds in each one and I always seated the mag on a closed bolt (as will be my setup for the rifle at home for HD use). Couldn't have asked for better. I did use a sharpie to mark where the last round should end up so I don't have to count.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy with confidence.  I had the same issue with magpul mags.  The mag spring I believe is the issue.  I only took 2 of the ETS mags I bought with me to the range and they locked back 100% of the time.  You can feel the difference in the mag spring when you try to lock the empty mag into place on a closed bolt.  ETS mags you have to slap the bottom of the mag where magpul mags you can just slide into position without the love tap.  The stiffer spring gives you enough force to actually actuate the long lever arm of the LRBHO design.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a DDLES, the precursor to the QC10, and it runs fine with my ETS mags.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I was actually getting failure to feed with the magpul mags (bullet literally got stuck head against feed ramp).
So the cutout that the lrbho arm hits on glock maps is also present on the ETS mags?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Correction on my earlier post.  I had issues with factory glock mag...

Glock mag with black follower.  ETS mag with red follower.

Glock mag in magwell

ETS mag in magwell
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I had issues and had to take some material off the top of ETS mags for mine to lock on a closed bolt.  YMMV, several people have the same setup with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Where did you remove material?  Feed lips or mag catch notch?

Mine seat fine on open bolt, won't seat on closed bolt, don't hold open bolt on last round (seems like spring is weaker than glock, won't push bolt catch out enough, even with upper off).  

Glock factory no issues.  I'm willing to work with ETS though, clear mags are sweet, never had a failure to feed and can't fault them at $12/ea vs. $30+ for glock factory
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I know QC10 says to stretch the spring under the bolt catch a bit.... that is their recommended "fix"
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
See, I just ordered 5 from PSA with all the good comments, don't mind doing some trimming to get them to lock in on a closed bolt, but really wanted LRBHO. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
of the ETS mags I have tried, they have been 100% on LRBHO...
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know QC10 says to stretch the spring under the bolt catch a bit.... that is their recommended "fix"
View Quote

My lower came with their own bolt catch spring, which has zero issues with factory glock mags.  I have not been able to isolate the closed bolt seating issue yet (feed lips too high or slightly off mag catch), but LRBHO seems to be due to spring strength.  In their defense, most of my mags were from the first batch of 31rd pre-orders.  Otherwise great mags and I just need to play with them a bit to get fitted to my lower.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Update: I ordered 5 ETS mags (31 rounders) for use in my QC10 AR9. I qualified two at the range this weekend using several different types of ammo (mainly 147 gr HP). I shot around 200 rounds through these two mags without issue and LRBHO worked every time. I only loaded 30 rounds in each one and I always seated the mag on a closed bolt (as will be my setup for the rifle at home for HD use). Couldn't have asked for better. I did use a sharpie to mark where the last round should end up so I don't have to count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top