Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2016 10:56:27 PM EDT

But now what?

I noticed a bunch of questions on the second page of the form when I printed the pdf. Do I need to do anything with them? Do I get anything mailed to me or do I just need to keep a copy of the pdf printout with me?

Please forgive my laziness, it has been a hellacious last few days and getting the email this evening has left my exhausted butt giddy like a kid on Christmas. I picked up the lower from being engraved and when I got back the approval email was in my inbox. I am so excited to delve into the NFA world and want to make sure I am doing it right.

Thanks in advance.

Did I mentioned I am excited?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

But now what?

I noticed a bunch of questions on the second page of the form when I printed the pdf. Do I need to do anything with them? Do I get anything mailed to me or do I just need to keep a copy of the pdf printout with me?

Please forgive my laziness, it has been a hellacious last few days and getting the email this evening has left my exhausted butt giddy like a kid on Christmas. I picked up the lower from being engraved and when I got back the approval email was in my inbox. I am so excited to delve into the NFA world and want to make sure I am doing it right.

Thanks in advance.

View Quote
Only thing you need to do is to get the item engraved, and print out a copy of it and thats it. Nothing gets mailed to you. Print it out and build away.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only thing you need to do is to get the item engraved, and print out a copy of it and thats it. Nothing gets mailed to you. Print it out and build away.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But now what?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!

Take a photo of the paper work with your phone, scan the paper work, copy the paperwork and place the original in safe storage. Take the copy and fold it to fit into the grip of your SBR, that way you always have the paperwork with you and your SBR if you ever need it. (Storing copies of NFA stamps is the only useful purpose I have found for the grip storage place. If you have an A2 grip, place the copy in the hollow and then use electric tape to keep it there.)

Now you need a suppressor, if you don't already have one!

JPK
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congrats!

Take a photo of the paper work with your phone, scan the paper work, copy the paperwork and place the original in safe storage. Take the copy and fold it to fit into the grip of your SBR, that way you always have the paperwork with you and your SBR if you ever need it. (Storing copies of NFA stamps is the only useful purpose I have found for the grip storage place. If you have an A2 grip, place the copy in the hollow and then use electric tape to keep it there.)

Now you need a suppressor, if you don't already have one!

JPK
View Quote

i dont know why i didnt think of this method before. i dont put anything ever in there. but now i will
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And as info...the yes/no questions only need to be filled out if applying as an individual. Since only entities could use eForms, you weren't prompted for those questions at any point in the prices. (Just like you weren't asked Question 4j from page 1, since eForms couldn't be used for reactivations.
View Quote

Is the approved form with the stamp on it supposed to say "Draft" across it? Nevermind I got my answer. What a clusterfuck. You get excited for the approval only to find out the form is fucked and you can't put your rifle together yet. What a fucking joke!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't let the DRAFT watermark stop you from assembling. It's been approved, and should have the stamp, Approved box checked, and examiner's signature (assuming it looks like most of the ones I've seen). It's a system issue...but you're good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the approved form with the stamp on it supposed to say "Draft" across it? Nevermind I got my answer. What a clusterfuck. You get excited for the approval only to find out the form is fucked and you can't put your rifle together yet. What a fucking joke!

Don't let the DRAFT watermark stop you from assembling. It's been approved, and should have the stamp, Approved box checked, and examiner's signature (assuming it looks like most of the ones I've seen). It's a system issue...but you're good to go.

Thanks Waylon. My apologies for the profanity laced rant. It's been a looong challenging week.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks Waylon. My apologies for the profanity laced rant. It's been a looong challenging week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to know what's worse than a "draft"? Busting your dominate hand and trigger finger doing something stupid the day after you get the approval email

Half my damn hand is swollen like a football and has been throbbing ever since. Talk about bitter sweet, get the sbr put together and now I just get to look at it for a while.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]
@onesureshot

Can you post pics of your new SBR?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry about that, was going to post a pic earlier, but with the jacked up hand I have kept the safe closed so as not to be taunted by the new toy until my sandwich clamp has healed enough to go shoot it. Should be soon I am hoping. The swelling is gone and there is no more splint, but I still don't have full range of motion and trying to pull a trigger still hurts my finger a bit.

Without further ado, here is the ugly ducking, or as I like to call it, the micro-aggressor

Attachment Attached File

Colt upper ( with large pin front hole / adapter )
PSA 10.5" melonite barrel ( for now, a chrome lined lightweight barrel will come in the future, after my bank acct recovers from the move and Christmas )
PSA lower ( black spot above trigger is a scrap of velcro to cover engraving for pic only )
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks great, have fun!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it

Hope your finger feels better soon, not being able to shoot sucks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top