Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 5:51:35 PM EDT
Im currently waiting my latest  Form1 (submitted 7-11-16) to build a short 300Blk PDW  type gun
The gun will be suppressed 95% of the time and I would like to keep the OAL W/ a ~6" can  less than my 10.5" unsuppressed .

I was looking at the KAK Baby Blond 6.25".

Do any of you have any experience with this barrel or can you recommend another similar length barrel ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm building a similar setup, but I bought the V-Seven 6.5 inch setup... I've already got a form 1 back for a suppressor, and a set of Ronin Pro guts and a titanium tube I got from somewhere.

Haven't had a chance to put it together, so I can say anything useful
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I submitted the F1s for the gun and the stamp on the same day...and since I have no other projects going I figured I'd start on the gun. The lower is already built and if I finish the upper before the stamp gets here(hopefully around Christmas)  ,I'll just run it on my other sbr lower.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the wife's SBR. I assembled this upper with all KAK parts. I really like it. I've only got approximately 100 rounds through it. Half subs and half supers. This upper has cycled flawlessly. With and without the Saker 7.62. Standard carbine buffer and spring. Ill get more rounds through it soon and update you. It does look awesome.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
How is accuracy nobody1?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is accuracy nobody1?
View Quote

I feel like it was good. It was the first time at the range with it, and I was just really curious about the function.

I was shooting off of a single sand bag @ 50yards. Accuracy seemed good. Hardly enough time with the gun  to make any real claims.

I am very pleased so far!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How is accuracy nobody1?
View Quote

This should depend more on barrel make than length. I'm putting together a 6.25" honey badger inspired build myself. I don't plan on shooting it past about 150 tops though so I'm not too worried about accuracy as it'll only have a 1.5X ACOG anyway.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone doing a sub 7" have a chronograph to see what the velocity for different bullet weights would be?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone doing a sub 7" have a chronograph to see what the velocity for different bullet weights would be?
View Quote

That will depend on the load, not just the weight.  I'll be loading mine to just under supersonic through a chronograph, and I suspect more than a few who build these will also.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I know, but I meant with with factory ammo (they should all be relatively close).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top