Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 1:22:33 PM EDT
OK, so the Blackhawk! Tennis Racket bag was a great concept but only carried one, looked a little fake, and was a little more than I wanted to spend for what is was.

I ordered this Wilson bag after checking it out in person Link to best price I could find - it came out to about $53 shipped.
Compared to some other, slightly cheaper Wilson bags, this one has both a padded outside shell and a padded dividing panel.

I tested it out with 3 different SBR lengths last night, and it accommodated all of them great. The pockets even have room for mag, ear pro, etc.

I'll upload some pictures tonight. Just thought I would share.

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
that 3 racket bag looks nice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that 3 racket bag looks nice.
View Quote

I'm really impressed with the quality - zippers, material, pockets, etc

The internal material probably can't handle heat from a hot barrel like some other gun bags, but definitely should hold up pretty well for a long time of transporting
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't think anyone is going to notice some neck beard walking down the street with a bright red tri-wide tennis racket holder strapped across his back??  
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You don't think anyone is going to notice some neck beard walking down the street with a bright red tri-wide tennis racket holder strapped across his back??  
View Quote

Its for incognito transport in your vehicle and to and from your house .  Not for EDC down the street.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its for incognito transport in your vehicle and to and from your house .  Not for EDC down the street.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, speak for yourself

and exactly, gotuonpaper
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagging for more pics.

I use a cheap bat bag because I don't have an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Phitz trumpet case

Won't fit an 8.5" AR

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
pics updated in OP

the SBR in there is actually a 12.5" with the AAC .30 cal Blackout, stock has the Magpul Enhanced buttpad. this was about at the length limit for the bag
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol. Yukon boy looks exactly like the kind of person who would be carrying a bag like that....unlike me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#10]

When Jazz won't subdue them, the bullets will

Come to think of it... My sister might have a selmer Sax case.... Oh the possibilities....
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Come to think of it... My sister might have a selmer Sax case.... Oh the possibilities....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a Gibson soft case that works perfectly with a 16" - only downsides are it only holds one and more people would be willing to smash and grab a guitar than tennis rackets
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Just curious, you said it had dividers. How many SBR's can you carry at once?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just curious, you said it had dividers. How many SBR's can you carry at once?
View Quote

This one has two main compartments.
I do know there is a larger version of the same bag (supposed to hold 12 rackets instead of 6, I think). That could have 3-4 compartments. Probably identifiable with the zipper count in stock photos.

That smaller outside pocket in the first photo might be big enough to carry an extra upper.
I'll see when I get home today and also if that is padded from the larger pocket it is next to.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
American Eagle man bag is my favorite

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/1KwDx0g.jpg
View Quote

Unless you pack a whip in your EDC, are dodging boulders and drinkin out of old tupperware with Sean Connery, that's a purse, Nancy... Dont kid yourself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Some have backpack straps like the one in the OP, others have shoulder straps.

When you load these up, they can get heavy real quick and not all the straps are stitched in a way to support much weight.

Some of them have "thermoguard" linings which may be able to take heat better than standard nylon lining.

There are a lot of different graphics on these bags - some are flashy and others not so much.

I picked up most of mine from garage sales, sports swap and sales at schools, and play it again sports stores for $5-20 and all have been in excellent to like new condition.  The higher end "tour" or "pro" versions are much nicer than the basic ones.  Of all the ones I have, the babolat team multi racket thermo lined backpack style ones are the nicest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unless you pack a whip in your EDC, are dodging boulders and drinkin out of old tupperware with Sean Connery, that's a purse, Nancy... Dont kid yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/1KwDx0g.jpg

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL...my buddy showed up at the range Sunday with this EXACT bag with his rifle and stuff in it.  He had a Makita tool bag with his mags in it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like the product changed on your original link.. Take a look. Weird. It's back to Midwest Sports now. The link sent me to Ratuken a few times before.

Edited to add: I found the original vendor you linked on ebay. Shipping was a bit cheaper on there. $52 and some changed shipped. 2 left..
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks a little wide for 1 SBR. Wouldn't it just flop around?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not with mine because they fit almost perfectly snug lengthwise.

More pics in the OP.
Observations:
1. has regular handle that should hold up well to weight
2. the outside large compartment is padded between it and one of the main compartments, this would allow another upper or handgun to be carried safely
2.5 the compartment from 2. basically follows the contour or the red portion. With a vertical fore-grip AND tall optic, it doesn't fit. With out one or the other, it does easily.

ETA: yeah, I don't know why the last photo won't display correctly... photobucket
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go for the 3 pack.  It is cheaper, too.  I'd be looking to just carry 1 rifle, though, if I were to consider a case like this.  

I can't help but wonder if it will be obvious when carrying a tennis racket bag.  Who the hell plays tennis anymore?  I'll get a chuckle if I ever see a guy or gal with one of those bags.  Lol!  (Just kidding, of course!)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Go for the 3 pack.  It is cheaper, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go for the 3 pack.  It is cheaper, too.

Yes, I bought the 6 only because I have more than one SBR and additional uppers as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL. This.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL. This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. This.

vs some tactifucked black or coyote bag?

you know, not everyone is some overweight basement-dwelling redditer
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice - might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:33:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Be better if it came in black. Not screaming red
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Be better if it came in black. Not screaming red
View Quote

There is a similar model that I originally got in Navy, but the divider wasn't padded - just a thin material.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#29]
My bag comes in today. I'll give a quick review late tonight.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#30]
My off the cuff review..
The bag is padded but it's not thick padding. Remember, it was made to protect tennis rackets. The bag is semi self-standing. A stiffer bag would be much better. The fabric is okay. There are no rubber feet at the bottom. Will concrete and other hard surfaces tear it up? Only time will tell.  The shoulder straps are ok as well. I loaded up the bag with my two go-to 10.5" SBRs and it seemed fine. I wouldn't go on a hike with it though. Car to the range and back is perfect.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I place my SBR's and AR Pistols in a racquet sleeve and then into the 3 racquet bag.  My Babolat tennis bag will hold 2 SBR's in sleeves.  I also include a tennis racquet for effect.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My off the cuff review..
The bag is padded but it's not thick padding. Remember, it was made to protect tennis rackets. The bag is semi self-standing. A stiffer bag would be much better. The fabric is okay. There are no rubber feet at the bottom. Will concrete and other hard surfaces tear it up? Only time will tell.  The shoulder straps are ok as well. I loaded up the bag with my two go-to 10.5" SBRs and it seemed fine. I wouldn't go on a hike with it though. Car to the range and back is perfect.

View Quote

Very good points.
I was touting this as a concealment bag for car > house transport or being able to leave it in a semi-safe space for short times when necessary.
I wouldn't consider it a full substitute for some of the applications you mentioned.
After all, this fits 2 and does a better job of selling the part than the Blackhawk! one
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
No doubt. The bag does its job to keep things discreet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#34]
You gotta love this. I have a Wilson bag just like this I carry my MCX Pistol in. We went to a Hotel a few weeks ago for a visit to the family. I walked in with the tennis bag and my wife had a suitcase. Security Guard in the lobby does not notice us. A guy comes in behind us with a long black bag gets stopped by the security guard (off duty police) and ask to open the bag to be searched. Camera tripod and lights. Black or Tan or Green bags are getting looked at in public places now days.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a businessman, so discreet carry in this suits me

The Zenith Z-5P snugs right in the middle, the magazines go into the sides. A handy, legal in Ohio, package.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I went the tennis bag route...sort of. I was sitting in my shop wishing the tennis bag was more stout and thought of my bulldog.

Then I thought...Hmm wonder if the bulldog will fit inside the tennis bag? Guess what? It fits as if they were designed to do just that.

Wilson tennis bag from Walmart 12 bucks.

Inside is a 29" Bulldog Ultra Compact AR-15 Discreet Carry Case with a center padded divider.

Here is a link to the Bulldog case:

Bulldog

Outside side pockets of the tennis bag carries assorted light gear.

Mags and cans are carried inside the Bulldog with the rifle.

A school tennis team sticker on the back of the car helps it all make sense.

ETA: I have carried the Bulldog case with the SBR into lunch as I did not want to leave it in the car.

It sat in the chair next to me while I enjoyed lunch.

Not a single person looked at it as if it was odd.

Which I thought was odd.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Phitz Viola Case :D

Barrel is an 11.5" by the way.

I need to get some foam and make a cut out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#38]

I even throw tennis balls in my back seat to complete the illusion The side pocket fits three mags perfect.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Whoa!  Great idea OP!

Now I can leave my golf bag in the garage!

Course, it was nice to pull out the 9mm for chips and pitches, the 5.56 for approaches, and the .308 for drives.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Gun in everything shown here:

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I even throw tennis balls in my back seat to complete the illusion The side pocket fits three mags perfect.
View Quote

I've always assumed that most arfcommer's carrying a tennis bag, would be unbelievable.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Gun in everything shown here:
View Quote

Taco shells???
Is nothing sacred!?!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course they will... it doesn't make it invisible, it makes it look like it's not a rifle.  It makes it look like some normal person walking down the street doing normal person things.  

Short of a Romulan cloaking device, if you want it to be invisible you have to stick it in your prison wallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top